• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
sr16

Pain...

2 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

4 minutes ago, Tgr4life said:
Just now, Chris Datres said:

I'd expect a post like this from the resident jackass of this board but....sigh...not even going to bother.  

You can go through Towson History and find it littered with great regular seasons and no post season recognition. You play to win the big game. I have rooted for every Towson Team for over 25 years...but i do get tired of excuses year after year for a basketball program that has won next to nothing and put the coach on a pedestal....that just bothers me. Sorry if that offends you

Painter played more minutes tonight than in a long time.  Carr is a very good player even without painter.  CT gave it a good try but no way those were quality minutes.  Then when you don't have CT this is a totally different team.  It is not an excuse it is just a fact.   We are not the same team all year without CT.  We basically did not have him.  Delaware can live without painter with Carr but they did have to live without either of them tonight.  They both played a lot and played well.  They had an inside game all night.   Every minute.  We had nothing all night.

Still the only team with out a caa title trip. After seeing skerry coach year after year in big games. Let’s leave the 18-13 ineligible team out of what if discussions. We know what would have happened 

3 minutes ago, griggey20 said:

What did Skerry do to lose the game? 

If you get the credit when they win, you take the blame when they lose....the life of a coach...what you sign up for

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, griggey20 said:

Nothing.  We just have people on this board who see things in black and white.  He's been deserving of criticism in the past.  This season, not at all.  That's not putting someone on a pedestal.  That's actually analyzing a situation as it happens rather than bringing in prejudiced thinking.  

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, sr16 said:

Hopefully we can get a home NIT game. Is that even possible?

Possible but unlikely.  I can't imagine we'll be a top-16 seed and they'll give those to the schools from the bigger conferences who will bring in the bigger gates.  Only way I could see us getting a home game is if we're seeded like a 5 or 6, win the first game, and then get an upset in the other game that's matched up with us.

1 minute ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Still the only team with out a caa title trip. After seeing skerry coach year after year in big games. Let’s leave the 18-13 ineligible team out of what if discussions. We know what would have happened 

Our all conference players went 11-34 from the field. We ran sets for open shots and they didn’t fall. Our PG who we praised for making the right plays and having a good assist to TO ratio went 0-6 with 4 TO and 1 assist. 

Credit to Delaware for putting the pressure on is early but the players flat out choked. We got their best players in foul trouble and cut the lead to 2. If my memory serves me correctly we had 3 wide open 3s and 2 layups in front of the rim. It’s on them. They didn’t make the plays. 

I like this team as much as anyone but not one of them stepped up when we needed it. Whether it was a rebound, steal, made shot or any of the above. Kevin Anderson has the biggest balls on the court tonight and he sent us packing. Stop with the BS excuses and finger pointing at anything other than it was.

I know most of you want skerry out but he wasn’t the problem tonight. Get a clue. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, omniland said:

Painter played more minutes tonight than in a long time.  Carr is a very good player even without painter.  CT gave it a good try but no way those were quality minutes.  Then when you don't have CT this is a totally different team.  It is not an excuse it is just a fact.   We are not the same team all year without CT.  We basically did not have him.  Delaware can live without painter with Carr but they did have to live without either of them tonight.  They both played a lot and played well.  They had an inside game all night.   Every minute.  We had nothing all night.

Charles played more minutes than both of them. 
So..

3 minutes ago, griggey20 said:

No it’s all the players… 

gray getting more minutes. Switching things up earlier. Not playing paar as much. 

why are Towson teams 3-10 in caat play under him?  
For shots sake kenendy won 3 my first two years in a better league. This was supposed to be a new team new philosophy and guess what we choke again. He never has ans never will win the  big one. Some of you are fine with that. I’m not.