Sounds like adios TU to me

1 hour ago, TSU88 said:
1 hour ago, Tiger12 said:

Interesting tweet from Cam. Hope he’s back 

Sounds like adios TU to me

Thought it was gonna be 50-50. But not too surprising 

3 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Thought it was gonna be 50-50. But not too surprising 

Well, it’s not official, but when a guy posts “what’s next,” with a 🏀, it’s safe to assume he’s not pondering whether he’s going to have fish or chicken for dinner. 

I hope he’s just thinking out loud, but he does have a history of moving around. Counting JUCO, aren’t we his 3rd school already?

Assuming he’s gone, the pressure is really on to bring in a number of quality transfers and/or JUCO’s. Holden’s scoring should be able to be replaced, but his rebounding and passing are where he really stood out in my opinion 

14 hours ago, TSU88 said:

Well, it’s not official, but when a guy posts “what’s next,” with a 🏀, it’s safe to assume he’s not pondering whether he’s going to have fish or chicken for dinner. 

I hope he’s just thinking out loud, but he does have a history of moving around. Counting JUCO, aren’t we his 3rd school already?

Assuming he’s gone, the pressure is really on to bring in a number of quality transfers and/or JUCO’s. Holden’s scoring should be able to be replaced, but his rebounding and passing are where he really stood out in my opinion 

Towson MBB dynasty: 2/28/22 - 3/7/22. Very disappointing, where does he think he can go with no jump shot and undersized to play 4 in a bigger conference? We fit his game perfectly. Grass has never been greener for others who have left, Four made some shots in grad year at URI and Gorham had team success as 6th man for Houston. Had as good of a shot as any one bid league next year, would be difficult to replace second main cog to the system. I can only assume leaving a legacy at a school and getting the dance might just not be at the top of kids' priorities these days.

1 hour ago, Royal Tiger said:

Towson MBB dynasty: 2/28/22 - 3/7/22. Very disappointing, where does he think he can go with no jump shot and undersized to play 4 in a bigger conference? We fit his game perfectly. Grass has never been greener for others who have left, Four made some shots in grad year at URI and Gorham had team success as 6th man for Houston. Had as good of a shot as any one bid league next year, would be difficult to replace second main cog to the system. I can only assume leaving a legacy at a school and getting the dance might just not be at the top of kids' priorities these days.

The word loyalty is not in the vocabulary of a lot of these kids. Now look, I get it, these kids have to look out for themselves, but, speaking for myself,  it does become harder to generate passion as a fan when these kids are jumping every year from program to program. If Holden does leave (and I hope he doesn’t) I think it’ll be his 4th school, counting JUCO. 

And I agree that Holden may not find the grass greener, given his lack of an outside shot and his size. Then again, who knows. Despite these issues, he has been very productive at UT-Martin and here. 

I guess you just have to reconcile yourself to rooting for the uniform more so than the guy inside it, because every season brings a new cast of characters, with a few limited exceptions 

39 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

The word loyalty is not in the vocabulary of a lot of these kids. Now look, I get it, these kids have to look out for themselves, but, speaking for myself,  it does become harder to generate passion as a fan when these kids are jumping every year from program to program. If Holden does leave (and I hope he doesn’t) I think it’ll be his 4th school, counting JUCO. 

And I agree that Holden may not find the grass greener, given his lack of an outside shot and his size. Then again, who knows. Despite these issues, he has been very productive at UT-Martin and here. 

I guess you just have to reconcile yourself to rooting for the uniform more so than the guy inside it, because every season brings a new cast of characters, with a few limited exceptions 

Are you really okay with rooting for the uniform, showing loyalty to a program...when the ones who represent that program have no loyalty? Certainly would cause most folks to think twice. They dont really represent what Towson University (or any university for that matter) stands for. 

40 minutes ago, Tgr4life said:

Are you really okay with rooting for the uniform, showing loyalty to a program...when the ones who represent that program have no loyalty? Certainly would cause most folks to think twice. They dont really represent what Towson University (or any university for that matter) stands for. 

It’s getting tougher 

1 hour ago, Tgr4life said:

That's pretty much all sports, both college and pro, nowadays.  Think of your favorite pro teams -- over the last 25 years, how many on your favorites have played their entire career for that one team?  Outside of generational talents like Rodgers, Ovechkin, Crosby, Giannis (TBA), or Trout (also TBA), the days of guys playing their entire careers for one team are pretty much gone.  If you can accept that as a fan and accept that it's happening in college sports too, then it makes it easier to overlook.  Players are going to listen to the advice from the people who think the most positively for them and while if you're good enough, the League will find you, your chances of making it won't magically skyrocket because you go to a different team.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Chris Datres said:

That's pretty much all sports, both college and pro, nowadays.  Think of your favorite pro teams -- over the last 25 years, how many on your favorites have played their entire career for that one team?  Outside of generational talents like Rodgers, Ovechkin, Crosby, Giannis (TBA), or Trout (also TBA), the days of guys playing their entire careers for one team are pretty much gone.  If you can accept that as a fan and accept that it's happening in college sports too, then it makes it easier to overlook.  Players are going to listen to the advice from the people who think the most positively for them and while if you're good enough, the League will find you, your chances of making it won't magically skyrocket because you go to a different team.  

I understand that we are stuck with what we have in order to support teams. I love the O's and Ravens....but it gets harder. many of my friends who were incredible fans are losing interest year by year. Just saying it is getting tough.