• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

2022-23 Transfer Portal

1 hour ago, mat1992 said:

Don’t know what to make of this. With literally hundreds of D1 players in the portal who averaged more ppg than this guy did playing JUCO, this is who we’re offering?  I hope this isn’t a sign we’re striking out in our pursuit of quality D1 guys 

1 hour ago, TSU88 said:

Don’t know what to make of this. With literally hundreds of D1 players in the portal who averaged more ppg than this guy did playing JUCO, this is who we’re offering?  I hope this isn’t a sign we’re striking out in our pursuit of quality D1 guys 

Very intriguing.   Shot 40% from 3. 
Playing for a JC factory team so I’m not concerned about his minutes as they probably go 10 deep in their rotation. 
We need a roll player who can shoot and handle.  If he’s willing to be that than may be a nice fit.  

2 minutes ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

Playing for a JC factory team so I’m not concerned about his minutes as they probably go 10 deep in their rotation. 
We need a roll player who can shoot and handle.  If he’s willing to be that than may be a nice fit.  

Maybe. JUCORecruiting.com lists him at #66 on its top 100 list. All things bring equal, I’d still rather have a D1 guy who averaged 10+ ppg 

Edited by TSU88

13 minutes ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

Btw, the 40% from 3 was in his freshman year. Last season he shot 39% on all shots and 36% on 3’s. Those aren’t scintillating percentages 

1 hour ago, TSU88 said:

Maybe. JUCORecruiting.com lists him at #66 on its top 100 list. All things bring equal, I’d still rather have a D1 guy who averaged 10+ ppg 

I used to think that way as well but we are seeing guys coming up from D2 schools and having success.  
I’m ready to roll the dice on any player from any level if..  big if..  truly wants to be at Towson.   Our coaching staff really did a solid job finding the right pieces last off season and maybe they see a fit with this player.  I’m done thinking conventionally anymore.  I saw this midget Khalil Shabazz come to USF by way of Central Washington and he was the fastest player in the WCC.  

13 minutes ago, Tgr4life said:

Guess I should follow a little closer. I did not even know we had a Tyler Gill on the team.

Elon game when Gibby lost his grandmother right before. Gill came off the bench and showed well.  

13 minutes ago, Tgr4life said:
14 minutes ago, Tgr4life said:

Guess I should follow a little closer. I did not even know we had a Tyler Gill on the team.

Surprised to hear that, given his impressive body of work here 😆

On 4/4/2022 at 4:27 PM, mat1992 said:

I'm intrigued by those big wings the size of Maximus Edwards of Kansas State (I know he hasn't played yet), a combo guard like Suggs or Horton who can play some point and a long forward who is 6-7ish. 

So if Rizzuto is gone along with Nolan, Curtis Holland and Gray (extra ship). Also, not sure where Gill fits in. If he returns, we have two ships left. Max is 13 this season. Last year, was 14+ if you had a grad student who was on your team in 2020-21, hence Gray.

PG Gibson, Hicks, Gill

SG Williamson

SF Timberlake, May

PF Holden, Tyler Coleman

C Thompson, Paar, Biekeu

So it's now with Nolan, Rizzuto, Gray, Gill and D. Jones gone:

So three ships are available, which means we'll have at least five new players. Two guards and one 3/4 combo forward.

PG Gibson, Hicks

SG Williamson

SF Timberlake, May

PF Holden, Coleman

C Thompson, Paar, Biekeu