• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

2022-23 Transfer Portal

3 minutes ago, tu_fan said:

Hofstra will be good even if Estrada bails.  C of C brought in a ton of non D-1 talent, they are a wildcard....UNCW should be good again, Delaware has that young guy who came on like a freight train coming back.....

How about Northeastern.  To the best of my knowledge not a single transfer has committed to them.  Amazing how that program fell off of cliff.  

Elon might be a train wreck too. And W&M for that matter, although they did sign Chris Mullins. No, not that Chris Mullins, This one is a transfer from Rice, who averaged around 10ppg. Hey, if you’re going to leave a great academic school like Rice, you might as well transfer to one like W&M 

29 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

If there’s one thing last season taught us is that accurate preseason prognostications are nigh impossible, given that no one really knows how teams are going to perform, what with all the new players most teams will have, courtesy of the portal.

I notice for instance that C of C has loaded up on transfers, from NAIA, JUCO, D2, D1, and State Penitentiary (just kidding about the latter…maybe)

They have a very good coach and some good freshman from last year. Losing Meeks will hurt as well as the nc state transfer going to uncw 

I think the last player is a rotation player because you are starting Conway, Timberlake, Holden, Sylla, and Thompson.

Gibson off the bench at the 2. Hicks at the 1. May is going to have to play some at the 3 and 4. Maybe Coleman at the 4. Paar or Biekeu at the 5. That's why hoping the last player is a 3/4 like Gray, because you don't necessarily want to depend on a freshman. 

What we needed in the offseason was a slasher. Someone who could drive to the basket when shots from the outside are not falling or can get fouled or get to the paint late in the shotclock and in games. Could Sylla be that guy at the 3 or 4? I think he could at the 4, drive by bigger players. He could post up guys at the 3. A little concerned about spacing but Sylla is a pretty good shooter from what I hear even though most of his highlights are post up moves. 

1 minute ago, mat1992 said:

I think the last player is a rotation player because you are starting Conway, Timberlake, Holden, Sylla, and Thompson.

Gibson off the bench at the 2. Hicks at the 1. May is going to have to play some at the 3 and 4. Maybe Coleman at the 4. Paar or Biekeu at the 5. That's why hoping the last player is a 3/4 like Gray, because you don't necessarily want to depend on a freshman. 

What we needed in the offseason was a slasher. Someone who could drive to the basket when shots from the outside are not falling or can get fouled or get to the paint late in the shotclock and in games. Could Sylla be that guy at the 3 or 4? I think he could at the 4, drive by bigger players. He could post up guys at the 3. A little concerned about spacing but Sylla is a pretty good shooter from what I hear even though most of his highlights are post up moves. 

Given the depth that we appear to have next season, maybe the remaining ship could go a “potential” guy with multiple years of eligibility left 

1 minute ago, mat1992 said:

There's definitely some JD in his game in terms of being an undersized post player who is left-handed.

Can’t seem to find any videos of him with Nova Southeastern. All clips seem to be from when he was with St. Rose, which is where he went prior to Nova Southeastern. Nova Southeastern was 31-0, before losing in the Elite 8 round of the D2 National championship tournament this past season 

Go for it now.  Go after another player that can help this coming season immediately. 
Crazy that players continue to enter the portal this week.  Saw the kid Harmon from Oregon just entered.  Not him of course but my gut says probably a big out there we could still land.  Who doesn’t want to come to Towson now??!!!

Great job coaching staff