• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

2022-23 Transfer Portal

Weird, but great news! Holden is free to do what he wants with his career and I am not going to criticize him either way. However, what I never understood is it felt like Towson was always a great fit for him and he was great fit for us. Now that he is back everyone can put their full effort into having another successful regular-season and finally getting to the NCAA Tournament!

17 minutes ago, Tiger93 said:

Weird, but great news! Holden is free to do what he wants with his career and I am not going to criticize him either way. However, what I never understood is it felt like Towson was always a great fit for him and he was great fit for us. Now that he is back everyone can put their full effort into having another successful regular-season and finally getting to the NCAA Tournament!

Been dealing with this program for 32+ years and this is one of the crazier stories ever. At least with Zane, he left for what he thought were greener pastures. Cam has been using social media to put out vague thoughts just about every day and then deleting many. Yesterday, he posted the symbol for eyes with an Eagle below. Then deleted it later. I've been hearing the last few weeks that it wasn't certain he was leaving and there were some extenuating circumstances that he was dealing with off the court. Either way, assuming no other drama, it's good to have him back. And I can unpin this thread.

What a weird situation. Glad he is back and hope it doesn’t become a distraction.  Thought it was odd that he still went to the end of the year Athletics banquet. 
have some solid depth now, baring injuries or anything else wouldn’t need the freshman to contribute  much right away 

6 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

Been dealing with this program for 32+ years and this is one of the crazier stories ever. At least with Zane, he left for what he thought were greener pastures. Cam has been using social media to put out vague thoughts just about every day and then deleting many. Yesterday, he the symbol for eyes with an Eagle below. Then deleted it later. I've been hearing the last few weeks that it wasn't certain he was leaving and there were some extenuating circumstances that he was dealing with off the court. Either way, assuming no other drama, it's good to have him back. And I can unpin this thread.

So elated he is returning.  You and I along with many others didn’t grow up with social media and all the madness associated with Covid etc.  Not making excuses but he is still a young man and emotions come into play.  We have incredible access to all athletes these days.  It is exciting as a fan but also can be mentally draining to our Towson athletes.  
Cam is a special player and he is gonna get us to the Big Dance.   Can’t wait to meet all of you guys in person finally.  

• Like 3

Glad supercam is back. Perhaps he was just trying to market himself by dipping his toes in the portal. Getting to post that all these other schools reached out and we're interested builds his brand tremendously. Maybe it was all business nothing personal and it was a calculated move that he was staying the whole time

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

Been dealing with this program for 32+ years and this is one of the crazier stories ever. At least with Zane, he left for what he thought were greener pastures. Cam has been using social media to put out vague thoughts just about every day and then deleting many. Yesterday, he posted the symbol for eyes with an Eagle below. Then deleted it later. I've been hearing the last few weeks that it wasn't certain he was leaving and there were some extenuating circumstances that he was dealing with off the court. Either way, assuming no other drama, it's good to have him back. And I can unpin this thread.

With social media, the NIL stuff and the wild west of the transfer portal I actually don't blame these players for changing their mind every other minute. Like you said with Zane, he moved on for what he thought were greener pastures and others have done that too. If Cam did that, I would have tipped my hat thanked him for a great year last season. I hope he is happy and can have another All-Conference season. As Bay Area said, there are a lot of things coming at these players, and they end up not only managing their skillset/playing careers but also their public images on social media platforms. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Blounge said:

Glad supercam is back. Perhaps he was just trying to market himself by dipping his toes in the portal. Getting to post that all these other schools reached out and we're interested builds his brand tremendously. Maybe it was all business nothing personal and it was a calculated move that he was staying the whole time

thinking something along those lines too...