• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

2022-23 Transfer Portal

3 hours ago, TSU88 said:

His numbers last season were rather pedestrian. In fact, in 4 years, he’s a career 10ppg scorer. Granted, he’s played against better competition, but I don’t think he’s too good for us. Whether he feels that way, who knows 

Every player thinks they are Gods gift to the was basketball world. Hence the 1500 names in the portal each year 

On 3/25/2022 at 4:01 PM, mat1992 said:

G Jeremiah Williams, 6-5, 185, Temple (from Chicago)

A 6-5 point guard. I'm sure Datres has an opinion on him. Three years left but poor 3 point shooter last season. Was 32% as a freshman.

https://verbalcommits.com/players/jeremiah-williams-il

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/4701222/jeremiah-williams

This one committed to Iowa State.

As for Noah Locke....um, no.  I don't think he'd ever come to us because he'd be looking for somewhere with more exposure.  I also have the feeling that as a grad transfer looking to make one more impression for NBA scouts, he'll be looking more me-first than working something in the scope of an offense that is predicated on ball movement.  He might be the kind of 3-point shooter we could certainly use but how much of that would come off of heroball?

Jake Stephens from VMI just entered the portal. What type of NIL can we do for this guy?  6’11 19.6 and 9 boards.  3.3 assists and 2 blocks a game.  While shooting 55 From the field and 49 from deep.  
We can dream can’t we??

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Jake Stephens from VMI just entered the portal. What type of NIL can we do for this guy?  6’11 19.6 and 9 boards.  3.3 assists and 2 blocks a game.  While shooting 55 From the field and 49 from deep.  
We can dream can’t we??

I get the sarcasm. There's no chance he goes to a CAA school even if he got an NIL. He needs to go to a big-time school to prove whether he can play at the next level. My guess is since he's from West Va. so maybe there or a Big East school like Creighton. He has three-point range (49%) and is 270 pounds.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

We can dream can’t we??

Let’s start a go fund me 😆

If we can’t afford him, maybe we can get Jake from State Farm 😆

Edited by TSU88
  • Haha 1

I see the Saint Peters kid has entered the portal.   Striking while the iron is hot.  

Truly amazing how much a transfer can impact a program.  If Remy Martin doesn’t get healthy and hot like he did for this dance then maybe we aren’t even talking about Kansas today.  

Such a crap shoot for mid majors and the portal.  🤞

7 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Carr from Delaware is in the portal. Would be a big loss for the hens

https://verbalcommits.com/players/andrew-carr

Huge loss and not a major shocker. He had all mid-major offers coming out of HS, so I assume he wants to move up in the world. La Salle was the biggest school on his list. With Fran Dunphy there, wonder if he's interested.

10 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Carr from Delaware is in the portal. Would be a big loss for the hens

Might Davis follow? He’s from Delaware though, so that might make it more likely he’ll stick around. Still, Carr’s departure is a big loss for them