• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

2022-23 Transfer Portal

10 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Let’s be honest there really are no such things as multiple years left. They may have it but coaches and fans need to look at the players as being on one year contracts. Sucks but that’s the reality of college Athletics 

They have multiple years of eligibility. Yes, there is that. Doesn't mean they will play those years for your school.

1 hour ago, mat1992 said:

That is a pretty solid list of potential suitors and honestly I can't fault Cam if he goes to a bigger more historically successful program. No matter what perceived or real slight might have happened with us we gave him a great opportunity to elevate his profile and he ran with it, and he helped guide us to one of the most successful seasons in school history (minus the actual NCAA Tournament berth we all crave). Win-win for both parties.

I have less problem with transfers who leave for these types of opportunities even though it really sucks on our end. If people are getting better opportunities, I don't want to stop them. I would say that there should probably be a limit of two transfers at the most, because it gets kind of nonsensical and they may as well go switch overseas pro teams and get paid at that point (or adult-league teams if they aren't good enough or overseas or G-League). 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tiger93 said:

That is a pretty solid list of potential suitors and honestly I can't fault Cam if he goes to a bigger more historically successful program. No matter what perceived or real slight might have happened with us we gave him a great opportunity to elevate his profile and he ran with it, and he helped guide us to one of the most successful seasons in school history (minus the actual NCAA Tournament berth we all crave). Win-win for both parties.

I have less problem with transfers who leave for these types of opportunities even though it really sucks on our end. If people are getting better opportunities, I don't want to stop them. I would say that there should probably be a limit of two transfers at the most, because it gets kind of nonsensical and they may as well go switch overseas pro teams and get paid at that point (or adult-league teams if they aren't good enough or overseas or G-League). 

Had some good ones last year too…

10 hours ago, mat1992 said:

So he felt disrespected enough that he would sit out a year at another program. Let’s face it. Most programs would want him at the three spot at his size, but his game fits the four spot.

wow this is all so puzzling. why wouldn't cam want another weapon around him... I've spoken to him a couple of times and truly want to ask him 

1 hour ago, sr16 said:

wow this is all so puzzling. why wouldn't cam want another weapon around him... I've spoken to him a couple of times and truly want to ask him 

College kids in the year 2022. Just doing what they want