• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

2023 Offers/Commits

4 hours ago, mat1992 said:

Valpo, NIU & Bowling Green are solid MM offers. Is this Skerry’s 1st recruit out of the Midwest? Normally he pulls from DMV, Philly and used to be some from Florida (Prophete, Keith, Solomon U);

I wonder what level of competition this kid plays against? Oswego is 45 miles from Chicago, but I’m guessing he plays against Chicago kids in AAU.;

From the video clip I watched, he looks like slash to the basket kinda guy. I wonder if he has any semblance of an outside shot. He won’t be here for well over a year, so hopefully he has a good senior year in HS

15 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

Valpo, NIU & Bowling Green are solid MM offers. Is this Skerry’s 1st recruit out of the Midwest? Normally he pulls from DMV, Philly and used to be some from Florida (Prophete, Keith, Solomon U);

I wonder what level of competition this kid plays against? Oswego is 45 miles from Chicago, but I’m guessing he plays against Chicago kids in AAU.;

From the video clip I watched, he looks like slash to the basket kinda guy. I wonder if he has any semblance of an outside shot. He won’t be here for well over a year, so hopefully he has a good senior year in HS

I think you need glue guys like that and put them alongside shooters. Cam has made us a better team because he facilitates as well as any forward we've ever had. If you check out Lowery's Twitter handle, he mentioned "point forward". Love that. He looks like he's pretty long and athletic, and has an excellent handle and if the shot is not there yet, he has over a year to work on it.  But if we still have Gibby, along with Conway, Williamson and May and I'm sure a few more transfers who can score, he may be just what the doctor ordered in terms of adding a playmaker to go along with shooters (and Hicks' shot has improved). Cam averaged around 15ppg without having a great jumper and he's not a super athletic slasher. He scored off of put backs, in transition, post ups and FTs. 

I think we need to add a big, but not sure you do that in the early signing period. Probably will need to get a transfer big. Could also use a 6-8ish Juwan Gray type who is versatile enough to play and defend several positions. But ultimately, we'll need a couple of tranfers scorers to replace Nic and Cam. Tough to rely on just freshmen and sophomores.

12 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

I think you need glue guys like that and put them alongside shooters. Cam has made us a better team because he facilitates as well as any forward we've ever had. If you check out Lowery's Twitter handle, he mentioned "point forward". Love that. He looks like he's pretty long and athletic, and has an excellent handle and if the shot is not there yet, he has over a year to work on it.  But if we still have Gibby, along with Conway, Williamson and May and I'm sure a few more transfers who can score, he may be just what the doctor ordered in terms of adding a playmaker to go along with shooters (and Hicks' shot has improved). Cam averaged around 15ppg without having a great jumper and he's not a super athletic slasher. He scored off of put backs, in transition, post ups and FTs. 

I think we need to add a big, but not sure you do that in the early signing period. Probably will need to get a transfer big. Could also use a 6-8ish Juwan Gray type who is versatile enough to play and defend several positions. But ultimately, we'll need a couple of tranfers scorers to replace Nic and Cam. Tough to rely on just freshmen and sophomores.

Yeah, no doubt we’ll need a big (is this CT’s last season?). I think it’s more likely that we’ll have to go the portal route for that, but you never know-CT was a HS recruit 

41 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

Yeah, no doubt we’ll need a big (is this CT’s last season?). I think it’s more likely that we’ll have to go the portal route for that, but you never know-CT was a HS recruit 

I don’t know if CT returns, but wouldn’t be shocked if he left to play pro somewhere.

Gotta like this scouting report. There’s a lot of reviews on his Twitter similar to this one, including some, like this one, that list him as a PG. 

06426E8F-3B8E-4CCC-A621-DDB8730761D2.png

16 hours ago, mat1992 said:

I don’t know if CT returns, but wouldn’t be shocked if he left to play pro somewhere.

Hopefully we make it to the tournament and then he goes pro