• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

WBB: Diane Richardson leaves Towson for Temple

If Zach gets the job, will be interesting to see which assistants stay and which go to Temple. If he doesn’t get the job, I assume he goes to Temple.

Man that sucks. She’s done some amazing things in such little time. One more good season she probably gets looked at by bigger programs. Is Temple that much of an upgrade in terms of WBB.

57 minutes ago, TigerNation said:

Man that sucks. She’s done some amazing things in such little time. One more good season she probably gets looked at by bigger programs. Is Temple that much of an upgrade in terms of WBB.

Temple probably is doubling her salary. Actually might be triple.

• Like 1

I wonder which of our players she might welcome at Temple. I had hoped, given Coach Rich's age, that this would be her last stop. But no such luck.

Just now, TigerFan54 said:

I wonder which of our players she might welcome at Temple. I had hoped, given Coach Rich's age, that this would be her last stop. But no such luck.

The A-10 is considered about two spots higher in the RPI rankings so a slight jump, but to me, if you know anything about Temple and where it's located. It's not for everyone. If players want to follow her, that's fine. If a new coach takes over who is not named Zach Kancher, she/he might want some of their own players and they might bring a few players from their old school.

Look, if I'm Steve Eigenbrot, I'm leaning towards keeping Zach Kancher, because I want to keep as many players as I can from last year's team. Who wants to rebuild? It took decades to finally find a women's coach who can win titles and become an elite CAA team. I'm not saying a new coach can't get the job done, but it could take some time. He knows the area. Get a strong female assistant coach from the area, maybe with Towson ties, and get the job done.

25 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

The A-10 is considered about two spots higher in the RPI rankings so a slight jump, but to me, if you know anything about Temple and where it's located. It's not for everyone. If players want to follow her, that's fine. If a new coach takes over who is not named Zach Kancher, she/he might want some of their own players and they might bring a few players from their old school.

They are in the American. About 5 spots higher and now more open since uconn went back yo the big east. 
Sucks she’s leaving and we might be left with the assistant. She was always great off the court and involved with the special Olympics on campus 

40 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

They are in the American. About 5 spots higher and now more open since uconn went back yo the big east. 
Sucks she’s leaving and we might be left with the assistant. She was always great off the court and involved with the special Olympics on campus 

Right. I'm old. Temple used to be in the A-10. The AAC is actually a lot better. They are sixth in RPI. Whatever. Doesn't really matter much. I'm sure it's mainly about the $$$. If some kids want to go to a quality school in North Philadelphia, be my guest. That means the competition will be stronger and the grass is not always greener. Who knows if Coach Rich thinks those players can compete at a higher level? She now has the ability to create higher-caliber athletes. Longer wings, more athletic point guards and bigger posts. 

Thanks to Coach Rich, she established a tradition that I hope can continue for the next coach. Yes, she also was a great person off the court. Helped with the Special Olympics and like PS, dealt with Autism in her immediate family. She will be missed, but hopefully, she started something great here.

• Like 2