• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

WBB: Diane Richardson leaves Towson for Temple

Eigenbrot acknowledged that a few players on the Tigers roster might opt to enter the transfer portal to join Richardson at Temple.

“That’s something that is definitely of concern,” he said. “I’d love for those young ladies to stay and build on what we’ve done here. But I wouldn’t be shocked if a few of them were to follow Coach Rich there or end up at other places. We’re going to try to handle our search with great expediency, and being the new guy, I’ve got to figure out what that means and what that entails. I’m trying to close this period as quick as we can and get a new face in there with an opportunity to recruit the girls that are on roster and see how many of those young ladies are willing to stick around and continue building on what they’ve already done here.”

30 minutes ago, El Tigre Oro said:

This is what successful mid-majors do, coaches come in, do great and leave for greater opportunities. Now go out and find the next Coach Rich. 

Agreed. Never understood the amount of people here who get upset when we say coaches here should use this as a springboard. Win big, do a good job and move on.  Spending long period of time at a school breeds complacency.

On 4/7/2022 at 12:20 PM, TuTigers2012 said:

Agreed. Never understood the amount of people here who get upset when we say coaches here should use this as a springboard. Win big, do a good job and move on.  Spending long period of time at a school breeds complacency.

Not sure I agree. There is something to be said for planting a seed and watching it grow. If you are in the coaching business, complacency is not a part of your vocabulary, no matter how long you are at one place. Even those who are at one place for extended periods of time and do not have tremendous success, it rarely (I would like to say never, but that would likely be inaccurate) is due to complacency. Maybe, just not good at what you do!

2 hours ago, mat1992 said:

Didn't they just announce him as the interim coach earlier this week?  Kind of clumsy if they do that Monday and then tell him later in the week he is out of the running to be permanent.  Good luck to him. 

12 hours ago, Blazer49 said:

Didn't they just announce him as the interim coach earlier this week?  Kind of clumsy if they do that Monday and then tell him later in the week he is out of the running to be permanent.  Good luck to him. 

The interim thing is just a formality. They have to get someone in here quickly. Logically it would be Zach but it appears that Steve wanted his own person from the jump, Say what you want about comparing TL to MW, but Tim hit a home run with his hire of Coach Rich and MIke did not with his hire of Niki Reid Geckeler