• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
tu_fan

Mike Waddell to Campbell as Assistant AD

Mike is rejoining college athletics.  It's sad to see his career stagnate after the turnaround he led at TU.  Sure there was collateral damage along the way, but I'm convinced he was the single greatest hire within Towson Athletics over the ~28 years I have followed the program.  Football, Lacrosse and Basketball (selfishly the sports that I care about) shined during his tenure.  He smashed our losing mentality. 

I hope our new AD can bring Mike's passion and vision back to the role. 

• Like 3

He came to fraternity “bid day” when i was a freshman. Asked the crowd what we wanted to make the gameday experience better. Saw him on campus/at the games all the time. Should have kept him. I know the outcry of soccer and baseball is what forced him out. Wonder how different things would look if we had MW instead of TL the past 8 years

1 hour ago, Blounge said:

He came to fraternity “bid day” when i was a freshman. Asked the crowd what we wanted to make the gameday experience better. Saw him on campus/at the games all the time. Should have kept him. I know the outcry of soccer and baseball is what forced him out. Wonder how different things would look if we had MW instead of TL the past 8 years

I liked MW but he wouldn’t have lasted eight more years, especially when Schaetzel took over.

1 hour ago, mat1992 said:

I liked MW but he wouldn’t have lasted eight more years, especially when Schaetzel took over.

Agreed. As much as he did for us. He also did some reckless things.  He was the right amount of energy and craziness that would have been a good balance with Leonard.  The ying and the yang