• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What can be done to get this team better and fully funded again?? 9-26 and 0-9 in the caa being out scored 27-76 in conference games. I know that it got cut, or almost did and was resurrected to a point but we are getting beat badly. It’s a shame, we had that one run right after to get to the ncaat and even win a game or two, but since it’s been pretty awful.  

You answered your own question. What can be done? Fully fund the program. Apparently, that is in the cards with a new AD.

12 hours ago, mat1992 said:

You answered your own question. What can be done? Fully fund the program. Apparently, that is in the cards with a new AD.

Good. Wasn’t sure if a couple scholarships trickled in the past few years. Caa is a decent baseball conference with some good programs like Charleston Uncw and NE. It would be nice to compete in some of these games. 

Side note tiger alum Richie Palacios is off to a good start in AAA this season. 286 average with 5 extra base hits for the Columbus clippers 

On 4/18/2022 at 7:26 PM, TuTigers2012 said:

What can be done to get this team better and fully funded again?? 9-26 and 0-9 in the caa being out scored 27-76 in conference games. I know that it got cut, or almost did and was resurrected to a point but we are getting beat badly. It’s a shame, we had that one run right after to get to the ncaat and even win a game or two, but since it’s been pretty awful.  

2012 thank you for this post.  I actually was in the process of writing something similar about the baseball program but then decided to delete, didn't know if there were any baseball fans on here.  Outside of their extra inning loss the other day against the Twerps, not only are they losing a lot, they really are not completive in most games.  Hopefully as Mat eluded to, some improvements may be coming.  

28 minutes ago, Blazer49 said:

2012 thank you for this post.  I actually was in the process of writing something similar about the baseball program but then decided to delete, didn't know if there were any baseball fans on here.  Outside of their extra inning loss the other day against the Twerps, not only are they losing a lot, they really are not completive in most games.  Hopefully as Mat eluded to, some improvements may be coming.  

Huge baseball fan overall and I want to get into Towson baseball but it’s been tough.  If we aren’t full funding it, what’s the point then?  Shit or get off the pot. We shouldn’t be half assing things anymore. Put lights in.

also wanted to add, what happened to softball too?  I remember them always been around 3-5ish in the caa and making the caat. Seems like they’ve hit a wall. They did get a fairly nice renovated field/stadium a few years back

Edited by TuTigers2012
  • Like 1