• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

Laura Harper named new WBB coach

I took a quick look and thought this was a mediocre hire at first. Dug a little further and it looks like she knows how to win. Took CSU from 2-13 to 15-13 in one year. She was also a head coach at a premier high school. We did not have to go far for a  good replacement. I wish her the best!! 

28 minutes ago, TigerNation said:

I took a quick look and thought this was a mediocre hire at first. Dug a little further and it looks like she knows how to win. Took CSU from 2-13 to 15-13 in one year. She was also a head coach at a premier high school. We did not have to go far for a  good replacement. I wish her the best!! 

Very good hire on paper. She won’t have to rebuild her assuming all the key players don’t leave for Temple. Of course, she is going to want her own players and should assume she can get some quality bigs.

She’s been around at a lot of schools. Seems young and hopefully hungry to win. I would think the new AD knows a good bit about women’s hoops so hopefully this is a good hire.

kind of nice that Diane took the entire staff with her to temple. Atleast on the men’s side you don’t see all the coaches and support staff go.   Leave us some players!

https://wbbblog.com/womens-basketball-transfers-d-i-2021-22/4/

Looking at Coppin State, they just brought in two transfer post players including a 6-5 player from Radford. Lost just one players, a 6-0 freshman who rarely played. Would be interesting to see if any of her former players transfer here, though their shooting numbers weren't very good. You look at their non-conference schedule and they had some solid wins over Marshall, W&M and La Salle. Christie Rogers was her top assistant, who also coached here years ago as an assistant. My guess is she brings her back and hopefully a former Towson player or Maryland player.

https://coppinstatesports.com/sports/womens-basketball/schedule

https://coppinstatesports.com/sports/womens-basketball/stats/2021-22