• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

Ryan Conway is coming home

1 hour ago, mat1992 said:

A little background, a 6-1 point guard from Dulaney HS (3*) whose brother is on the coaching staff. Shot 41% from three in 2019-20. Did not play senior year due to COVID and did not play at the Hall last season.

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/10456599/5e5334bb96766d15581b8d08

Could be a great get. We’ve needed a top tier PG for, oh I don’t know, forever (well, at least since Devin Boyd maybe). In addition to Seton Hall, Conway, per verbal commits, was offered by Stanford, Rutgers, Marquette, Providence, Vandy, TCU, K-State and Murray State. Prior to this signing, it looked like Gibson would be the PG next season. No offense to Jason, but he’s a nice guy to bring off the bench (as a 2 guard) for some 3-point offense, but a starting PG he ain’t 

8 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

so someone who hasn’t played in 2 years?. A wildcard like lots of our major transfers of the past.

Yeah, true. Terrible pick up.

1 minute ago, TuTigers2012 said:

What? Has he not played competitive basketball in two years. That is a fact. 

Whatever. So that means he's a wild card? He lost a year due to COVID. I guess he lost his game too.

12 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

so someone who hasn’t played in 2 years?. A wildcard like lots of our major transfers of the past.

With 3 open ships, and the lack of a returning quality PG, this is a good risk, to the extent it can even be categorized as a risk in the first place. Maybe he’ll have a little rust to knock off, but he’s been playing basketball for quite some time. If the talent is there, that shouldn’t be a problem, I wouldn’t think 

I'm excited for him to join.  Was a top 125 recruit, he's an honors student, a PG, which we desperately need, and has a quick release from 3.  Maybe he doesn't pan out, but his upside is so much higher than the Brian Starr's of the world.  Now let's get that D2 stud....