• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

Hofstra thread

Oh well, Rory Jones with the game-winner with 8 secs left. Brennan just didn't see it. Goaltending and defense. Not there today.

Saw this game in person. This team hasn't really improved over the course of the season, IMO. Still too many ill-advised passes, flat-footed defense, inconsistent goaltending. The stats say we won more faceoffs and ground balls, but it sure didn't look that way (and certainly not for the first three quarters). I wonder if Nads' lack of a fiery coaching presence contributes. 

1 hour ago, TigerFan54 said:

Saw this game in person. This team hasn't really improved over the course of the season, IMO. Still too many ill-advised passes, flat-footed defense, inconsistent goaltending. The stats say we won more faceoffs and ground balls, but it sure didn't look that way (and certainly not for the first three quarters). I wonder if Nads' lack of a fiery coaching presence contributes. 

We definitely improved in face-offs. Constantindes played decently but at the end, he couldn't win two huge face-offs. I would say that's it tough to judge because the non-conference schedule was so difficult and I think it's too tough. Not when you have a freshman at the X and a bunch of transfers on offense. They only turned the ball over 11 times, but two huge ones on the EMO as they forced the ball at the crease. Not having Ryan Swain on midfield didn't help, but we didn't lose because of offense. The defense was horrific in the first quarter and Brennan couldn't make enough big saves when needed. They are still good enough to win the CAA and bad enough to lose in the first round to UMass.

To play like this against a team with almost nothing to play for at home is extremely disappointing and it starts on D. They destroyed our shorties and it took a quarter for the coaches to adjust.

maybe it didn't matter much, but who is the timekeeper?  With 32 seconds left Hofstra called time out and the clock ran down to 24, then they reset it up to 28 or so.....The final goal from Hofstra went in the net with 12 seconds, but again, the clock kept running and there was only 6 seconds left for the final face off.  

23 minutes ago, tu_fan said:

maybe it didn't matter much, but who is the timekeeper?  With 32 seconds left Hofstra called time out and the clock ran down to 24, then they reset it up to 28 or so.....The final goal from Hofstra went in the net with 12 seconds, but again, the clock kept running and there was only 6 seconds left for the final face off.  

I didn't notice that. I thought there was 8 seconds and then the official got in the way when MC won the face-off. But it shouldn't have come down to that. And Nads did not use one timeout in the second half (I believe). He should have used one when Austin Stewart scooped up a ground ball near the sideline off the face-off. They wound up getting a terrible shot off by DeMaio on that possession.