• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

Press Box Interview with Steve Eigenbrot

1 hour ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Nope but there’s really no answers.  We’ve been talking about this for years 

Thank goodness for DP Dough coming in with free calzones. They have done more for attendance than anyone the past 8 years

1 hour ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Nope but there’s really no answers.  We’ve been talking about this for years 

I think Steve has some good ideas and if you read the article or watched the interview, the idea is to get future donors. So, even if you get 25 more students, you might turn a few into donors years after graduation if they had a good experience. I also like the idea of trying to merge the South campus with the North. Will it work? More energy and more ideas can’t hurt.

Look, I've been with this through Bill Hunter, Wayne Edwards, Mike Hermann, Wadell, Leonard and now Dr. Steve. All I ask for is some effort, energy and creativity when it comes to drawing more fans. I'm not talking students. That's a bonus if you can get them to hoops game and they will tailgate for football, win or lose. They may never come in full or even half force with a winning or losing programs and yes, the minimester crushes basketball. But I do like the ideas of enhancing the facilities including parking, to the point where you can bring more than just the women's world lax tournament and Turkey Bowl here. High school football is a start along with high school hoops. Baltimore Blast hasn't really increase attendance probably because most of those are soccer fans or just don't care about local college hoops. Most in the Baltimore metro area only care about the Terps. The key is getting the alums out. Maybe get an AAU Tournament here in the summer. Lax quarterfinals in men's and women's. Promote the shit out of the athletic program when you have big crowds. That's what I would do.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mat1992 said:

Look, I've been with this through Bill Hunter, Wayne Edwards, Mike Hermann, Wadell, Leonard and now Dr. Steve. All I ask for is some effort, energy and creativity when it comes to drawing more fans. I'm not talking students. That's a bonus if you can get them to hoops game and they will tailgate for football, win or lose. They may never come in full or even half force with a winning or losing programs and yes, the minimester crushes basketball. But I do like the ideas of enhancing the facilities including parking, to the point where you can bring more than just the women's world lax tournament and Turkey Bowl here. High school football is a start along with high school hoops. Baltimore Blast hasn't really increase attendance probably because most of those are soccer fans or just don't care about local college hoops. Most in the Baltimore metro area only care about the Terps. The key is getting the alums out. Maybe get an AAU Tournament here in the summer. Lax quarterfinals in men's and women's. Promote the shit out of the athletic program when you have big crowds. That's what I would do.

Also look to minor league baseball for ideas. People love antics.

2 minutes ago, TheGoldCrotchPiece said:

Also look to minor league baseball for ideas. People love antics.

To a degree. Larry Martin was brought in about 20 years ago and he was from Frederick Keys. They had some pretty good ideas but it didn’t necessarily bring out new fans because the teams were bad. Doing something like that now, especially when students are out, can’t hurt. Maybe try a concert after the game. The Bullets/Wizards used to do that and still do though I can imagine the cost might a bit much.

In 2011, we had the perfect arrangement of three dynamic forces: 

1. First three games (and, I think, four of the first five) were at home, when the weather was good.

2. The team played well from the start, and won.

3. T-Unit (if I'm remembering correctly) was well organized and worked hard to get frats and other student groups out.

The result was solid student attendance all year long. Doesn't look like we can replicate No. 1 anytime soon, but hopefully No. 2 comes to fruition and SOMEBODY is motivated enough to generate T-Unit 2.0.

26 minutes ago, TigerFan54 said:

In 2011, we had the perfect arrangement of three dynamic forces: 

1. First three games (and, I think, four of the first five) were at home, when the weather was good.

2. The team played well from the start, and won.

3. T-Unit (if I'm remembering correctly) was well organized and worked hard to get frats and other student groups out.

The result was solid student attendance all year long. Doesn't look like we can replicate No. 1 anytime soon, but hopefully No. 2 comes to fruition and SOMEBODY is motivated enough to generate T-Unit 2.0.

Not playing a lot of games at home early on and playing schools that the average student does know or care about hurts. no Delaware and Jmu will really lower the numbers this year as they would bring a good amount of people. 

At least pre 2020 student numbers were ok for the earlier games until half. Never understood why the students stayed to watch the band (whose been playing the same few songs for 15 years!) and then left 

college games are very long now a days and attention span is shorter than ever. But student attendance shouldn’t be the big deal. College students are showing up in droves to watch below average/average fcs football. Other caa schools don’t draw students either.  The difference is they have alumni and local folks who show up and care. (Could be a chicken or the egg situation) Our regular fan numbers are PATHETIC in comparison to the other schools. We probably have 1000 season ticket holders combined between hoops and football?

Oh, also schedule better