• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

Press Box Interview with Steve Eigenbrot

Also... I will concur on the change of announcers. Sprio is a great guy - love him for the weekly shows but for the games, atleast pair him up with a younger maybe more traditional announcer type, less hom-ey. 

• Like 1

Football alumni engagement.

student experience at the tailgate and game

facilities improvements-fieldhouse

DJ in the stadium - student section 

future of FCS

COA -football

future of the NIL

1 hour ago, sr16 said:

oh yeah werent there plans to expand the stadium to endzones? 

3,750 people (including the band) looks awful in a 11,000 stadium. Can you imagine how bad it will be if they expand?! Lmfao.  Make enhancements to the facilities but an expansion is wasteful and not needed

So much of it goes back to tailgating and the atmosphere the university has unfortunately created.

in 2011, my fraternity, along with a bunch of others would set up in the corner of Lot 11. We would all grill, brought generators and speakers. It was a giant party. We did a good job of policing our own and never really had any issues. I can remember us racing to get to Unitas so we would get a good tailgate spot

Now, you have a bunch of rent a cops hassling both students and alumni about what is in their coolers. It’s absurd to me that we treat our guests like children and then expect them to want to come to games.

I’m not saying we can have a bunch of 18 year olds just ripping shots from handles of vodka in plain sight, but a bit of discretion can go a long way. If students have stuff in cups, just let them be for the most part, otherwise they’re just going to go uptown and do the same thing there. 

Two homecomings ago SAFE got on our ass, despite our tailgate being a mix of students, alumni, families and even some folks in their 60s. It’s never pleasant with them either. Never “hey guys, mind putting that in a cup?”. Always just a flex of their wanna be powers.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, sr16 said:

Also... I will concur on the change of announcers. Sprio is a great guy - love him for the weekly shows but for the games, atleast pair him up with a younger maybe more traditional announcer type, less hom-ey. 

Disagree- Spiro is a treasure.  Give me his passion all day long!  Love listening to him...

14 hours ago, Tiger12 said:

So much of it goes back to tailgating and the atmosphere the university has unfortunately created.

in 2011, my fraternity, along with a bunch of others would set up in the corner of Lot 11. We would all grill, brought generators and speakers. It was a giant party. We did a good job of policing our own and never really had any issues. I can remember us racing to get to Unitas so we would get a good tailgate spot

Now, you have a bunch of rent a cops hassling both students and alumni about what is in their coolers. It’s absurd to me that we treat our guests like children and then expect them to want to come to games.

I’m not saying we can have a bunch of 18 year olds just ripping shots from handles of vodka in plain sight, but a bit of discretion can go a long way. If students have stuff in cups, just let them be for the most part, otherwise they’re just going to go uptown and do the same thing there. 

Two homecomings ago SAFE got on our ass, despite our tailgate being a mix of students, alumni, families and even some folks in their 60s. It’s never pleasant with them either. Never “hey guys, mind putting that in a cup?”. Always just a flex of their wanna be powers.

I have to believe its a top down order though. I want to believe it atleast..