• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

Press Box Interview with Steve Eigenbrot

The O’s have been winning and Camden Yards has been rocking this week more than it has in awhile! 32k fans came out for Hawaiian shirt day. If Towson can find money for some good giveaways I think that’ll draw student fans. People go nuts for floppy bucket hat night. Dr. E and whoever needs to design a towson Hawaiian or a trendy bucket hat. 

11 hours ago, Blounge said:

The O’s have been winning and Camden Yards has been rocking this week more than it has in awhile! 32k fans came out for Hawaiian shirt day. If Towson can find money for some good giveaways I think that’ll draw student fans. People go nuts for floppy bucket hat night. Dr. E and whoever needs to design a towson Hawaiian or a trendy bucket hat. 

I disagree with the give a ways. That’s a short term gain (1 game). There has to be some sort of long term engagement with the fans to keep them coming back. Not just a flash in the pan. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, griggey20 said:

I disagree with the give a ways. That’s a short term gain (1 game). There has to be some sort of long term engagement with the fans to keep them coming back. Not just a flash in the pan. 

Yup. Only way it would semi help the attendance would be to give them a ticket or something when coming in and then give the item out in the second half. Otherwise students will walk in and then walk right out 

I think the giveaway at least gets them to the game then from there they have a chance of converting to a fan that attends regularly, donates, or joins this online forum. Otherwise without the giveaway they don’t go to the game and never convert as a fan. I just remember as a college student being so poor that you’ll take a free t-shirt or food from any organization that will give it to you

6 minutes ago, Blounge said:

I think the giveaway at least gets them to the game then from there they have a chance of converting to a fan that attends regularly, donates, or joins this online forum. Otherwise without the giveaway they don’t go to the game and never convert as a fan. I just remember as a college student being so poor that you’ll take a free t-shirt or food from any organization that will give it to you

The free items and promotions are already in place…

Need to offer a young alumni ticket package. Something like 25 bucks for football and 40 for hoops for graduates within the last 5 years. 

Do an all inclusive season ticket. 175 bucks for all football and basketball games.  Add in lacrosse too. 
Get youth leagues out to games with free tickets. Most will bring their parents. Tickets purchased by them along with food and souvenirs. 
Do a family pack 4 tickets 4 hot dogs and 4 sodas for 50 bucks. 

the lack of marketing and promotion to the general public is awful. With that being said, it’s just as bad towards alumni and donors..

• Like 1

Interviewing him next Monday. Obvious topics (Flo, new CAA, marketing, getting students at games, etc.). If you have any other suggestions or topics, leave them here.

37 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

Interviewing him next Monday. Obvious topics (Flo, new CAA, marketing, getting students at games, etc.). If you have any other suggestions or topics, leave them here.

Does he think other teams leave the caa soon?  Would he have been in favor of adding so many new teams?

Who is he looking at to bring in as the next football coach?

27 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Does he think other teams leave the caa soon?  Would he have been in favor of adding so many new teams?

Who is he looking at to bring in as the next football coach?

I’m going to go out on a limb and say he’s not going to answer your 2nd question 😆

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, mat1992 said:

1. Alumni engagement
  2. If he plans to stop trying to be "Baltimore's team" (it's never going to happen) and focus more on the Towson community
  3. Bringing back something like T-Unit - student leadership to help drive attendance
  4. Engagement with more avid fan (aka us on here - does he even know about this site)
    1. I remember I only learned about the old CAA Zone because they used to advertise it during football games on the PA
    2. It's always been strange to me that we don't have like a fan engagement townhall, forum, or survey. When I was a season ticket holder for the Caps they would survey me and ask me questions about my experience all the time.
  • Like 2