• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

Press Box Interview with Steve Eigenbrot

14 minutes ago, TheGoldCrotchPiece said:
  1. Alumni engagement
  2. If he plans to stop trying to be "Baltimore's team" (it's never going to happen) and focus more on the Towson community
  3. Bringing back something like T-Unit - student leadership to help drive attendance
  4. Engagement with more avid fan (aka us on here - does he even know about this site)
    1. I remember I only learned about the old CAA Zone because they used to advertise it during football games on the PA
    2. It's always been strange to me that we don't have like a fan engagement townhall, forum, or survey. When I was a season ticket holder for the Caps they would survey me and ask me questions about my experience all the time.

They do send out surveys for season ticket holders. Atleast in the past they did. 
2 would be nice. It’s annoying as hell. 
 The rest of them are a lot of the same. 

Agreed, as someone who lives in Baltimore we already have the O’s and Ravens. Why would a school in the county like towson be Baltimore’s team?

Ask him about making a Towson Hawaiian shirt or bucket hat

Ask about tailgating and if security will be checking everyone's cooler to make sure they don't have more than a 6 pack of beers?

Ask if he thinks Rob is over or under paid?

Ask if he would engage with us on here or Twitter?

Does he have a woman focused strategy for fan retention? 70% of campus is female

How was the world lacrosse championship turnout?

What's your favorite bar in Towson?

What are his plans for opening up South campus/Osler drive/the athletic facilities? Maybe put a snowball stand over there?

Will he get a tiger tattoo or ear piercing if men's basketball makes it to the NCAA tournament?

Thoughts on the legalization of sports gambling?

Thoughts on NIL? Any Towson students with any sweet deals at this time?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Blounge said:

Agreed, as someone who lives in Baltimore we already have the O’s and Ravens. Why would a school in the county like towson be Baltimore’s team?

Ask him about making a Towson Hawaiian shirt or bucket hat

Ask about tailgating and if security will be checking everyone's cooler to make sure they don't have more than a 6 pack of beers?

Ask if he thinks Rob is over or under paid?

Ask if he would engage with us on here or Twitter?

Does he have a woman focused strategy for fan retention? 70% of campus is female

How was the world lacrosse championship turnout?

What's your favorite bar in Towson?

What are his plans for opening up South campus/Osler drive/the athletic facilities? Maybe put a snowball stand over there?

Will he get a tiger tattoo or ear piercing if men's basketball makes it to the NCAA tournament?

Thoughts on the legalization of sports gambling?

Thoughts on NIL? Any Towson students with any sweet deals at this time?

Overpaid. 

I've been disappointed in his social media so far. For a younger guy he doesn’t post much. Love it or hate it, social media and Twitter is big. Our coaches are far behind other programs.

behavior by students tailgating in the past has been pretty poor and embarrassing but so is the gestapo SAFE crew. No problem them behind around but they are way too intrusive 

• Like 1

I agree on the SAFE  gestapo... They need to let the kids alone. No college kids will come to tailgate if they are being harassed! Let them have fun. If and only if they see a group getting out of control, then they move in. Until that. DO NOT BOTHER THEM!

• Like 3

6 hours ago, etiger said:

I agree on the SAFE  gestapo... They need to let the kids alone. No college kids will come to tailgate if they are being harassed! Let them have fun. If and only if they see a group getting out of control, then they move in. Until that. DO NOT BOTHER THEM!

It starts with greek life. Former Greek life director Matt hated greek life. Told heads of greek life that we shouldnt go to tailgates wear letters etc. You get frats. you get sororities. You get student groups. Start with a solid foundation. Greek life organizations need certain points to stay on campus (essentially the way of the school forcing you to participate in events). Fat bonus points for tailgates. Build it, they will come. 

Edited by sr16
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, sr16 said:

It starts with greek life. Former Greek life director Matt hated greek life. Told heads of greek life that we shouldnt go to tailgates wear letters etc. You get frats. you get sororities. You get student groups. Start with a solid foundation. Greek life organizations need certain points to stay on campus (essentially the way of the school forcing you to participate in events). Fat bonus points for tailgates. Build it, they will come. 

YITBOS, you're a Delta sig right?

On 7/14/2022 at 2:12 PM, sr16 said:

Agreed, he's gotta get in good with the frat/sorority presidents and get them to show up for a big tailgate party. Also, the black student Union is the biggest organization on campus and they held big fun cookouts outside the student Union when I went there. Speak to them about bringing their friends and family to the game. He's gotta be a man of the people(students) 

• Like 1

Also, love Spiro but would be incredible for the brand to bring in Jake Marsh to commentate a mens basketball game. @PMTsportsbiz on Twitter. He’s a member of the number one sports podcast, pardon my take, which has millions of weekly listeners. They would for sure shout-out watch the towson game with Jake commentating and all the podcast fans and sports gamblers would get a reason to follow towson 

24 minutes ago, Blounge said:

Also, love Spiro but would be incredible for the brand to bring in Jake Marsh to commentate a mens basketball game. @PMTsportsbiz on Twitter. He’s a member of the number one sports podcast, pardon my take, which has millions of weekly listeners. They would for sure shout-out watch the towson game with Jake commentating and all the podcast fans and sports gamblers would get a reason to follow towson 

Just looked up who that person was… not sure they are going to want to be associated with 1. A gambling podcast. 2 barstool. But a change in announcers would be refreshing.