• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

2022 General Football News

3 hours ago, TuTigers2012 said:

As much money that is in elon musk’s bank account 

Wouldn’t Elon Musk give his money to, you know, Elon?🤔

Seriously, as Mat posted earlier, when it comes to NIL, we’re not in the same universe as the big FBS schools. This website that we have now is at least a baby step in the right direction. Since there are apparently few if any rules regarding NIL (or at least no ability to enforce whatever rules there are) we’ve got to hope that the athletic department can find some well heeled alum willing to throw some of their money at some of our student athletes. I’m fine, in the abstract, with college athletes getting compensated for use use of their name, image and likeness, but when it becomes nothing more than a group of alum pooling their money to buy players, by outbidding another group of alum at a different school, then the whole thing stinks & should be blown up 

As far as NIL goes, it's pretty simple. They put out rules all over their website. BTW, it has started. Probably on a smaller scale than most but Towson athletes are already involved in NIL while promoting a business on social media or somewhere else.

Towson University donors may compensate a Towson University student-athlete in exchange for the student-athlete promoting or endorsing the donor’s business or fulfillment of other permissible NIL activities. 

No “pay for play”. Student-athletes may not receive any compensation (e.g. cash, gifts, etc.) simply because they are Towson University student-athletes. This action remains prohibited by NCAA rules and would cause a student-athlete to be ineligible for competition.

Towson University donors and fans may email any questions about NIL policies and procedures or transactions to tporter@towson.edu.

https://towsontigers.com/documents/2022/6/21/Name_Image_and_Likeness_Donor_Education.pdf

https://towsontigers.com/documents/2021/6/30/NIL_Protocol.pdf?id=19529

3 minutes ago, TUTigers said:

I would like to see the team store sell actual player jerseys and then the players could be compensated that way as well. 

The school cannot be involved in any way, other that educate the SA on how to make the transaction.  

5 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

$25 a game seems steep.

55 minutes ago, RundaPower said:

The school cannot be involved in any way, other that educate the SA on how to make the transaction.  

Do they need to partner with a merchandiser like in the article? https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/lsu-oklahoma-among-schools-to-offer-customizable-jerseys-with-players-receiving-compensation/ 
would need to be customizable for programs like Towson. They can’t order like 40-50 of each or they’ll have excess inventory.  How many would be sold? Maybe 50-100 with most coming from us online here

28 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

$25 a game seems steep.

Do they need to partner with a merchandiser like in the article? https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/lsu-oklahoma-among-schools-to-offer-customizable-jerseys-with-players-receiving-compensation/ 
would need to be customizable for programs like Towson. They can’t order like 40-50 of each or they’ll have excess inventory.  How many would be sold? Maybe 50-100 with most coming from us online here

Yeah I’m pretty sure $25 is an increase from when we attended it was $15. Still free for students, but yeah maybe they could have settled on 20. The 3 for $60 deal is good. I wonder if people are willing to pay that or if they should have gone the opposite direction and had 10 dollar tickets to get the masses in the stadium

39 minutes ago, Blounge said:

Yeah I’m pretty sure $25 is an increase from when we attended it was $15. Still free for students, but yeah maybe they could have settled on 20. The 3 for $60 deal is good. I wonder if people are willing to pay that or if they should have gone the opposite direction and had 10 dollar tickets to get the masses in the stadium

If football doesn’t generate money to begin with (by that I mean it doesn’t generate enough $ on its own to fund itself) I’m thinking they should have considered lower ticket prices, to get more people in the stands.