• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

2022 General Football News

1 hour ago, AtlantaTiger said:

Meanwhile, James Madison is about to be ranked a Top 25 team in FBS.  Good for them!  I respect a well-run, well-coached, strongly supported program.

A competent program, with money and alum (both ex players and regular folks) who actually care and aren’t worried about making a few ex players feel good about themselves.  They do have the highest student fees in the country (Atleast they did a few years ago) and god knows our students already complain about that. 
Didn’t think they would be this good this quickly though

22 minutes ago, Blounge said:

I wish towson folks cared. It feels like it’s just us here who give a hoot

It’s really an apples 🍎 and oranges 🍊 comparison between our program and JMU’s. They have no professional sports franchise to compete for the hearts, minds and wallets of fans. They’ve been far more successful on the field than us. That kind of success breeds fan loyalty, which manifests itself in things like attendance and donations. Conversely, the poor product we’ve consistently put on the field since 2014 breeds disinterest, apathy and indifference. 

Best we divert our attention from JMU & get our own house in order. 

17 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

It’s really an apples 🍎 and oranges 🍊 comparison between our program and JMU’s. They have no professional sports franchise to compete for the hearts, minds and wallets of fans. They’ve been far more successful on the field than us. That kind of success breeds fan loyalty, which manifests itself in things like attendance and donations. Conversely, the poor product we’ve consistently put on the field since 2014 breeds disinterest, apathy and indifference. 

Best we divert our attention from JMU & get our own house in order. 

Understand your reasoning but how many people aren’t coming to a Towson home football game on a Saturday because they are going to an orioles game or ravens one the next day??  My guess is you could count that number on one hand. 
More affordable, easier accessibility, safer, don’t have to deal with drunk asshole ravens fans etc. Being remote helps them a good bit, but they also put money into their programs

13 hours ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Understand your reasoning but how many people aren’t coming to a Towson home football game on a Saturday because they are going to an orioles game or ravens one the next day??  My guess is you could count that number on one hand. 
More affordable, easier accessibility, safer, don’t have to deal with drunk asshole ravens fans etc. Being remote helps them a good bit, but they also put money into their programs

I think the point being made wasn’t specifically about in person attendance. People only have so much free time to invest in sports and the majority of people in the Towson area are going to devote their attention to the Ravens. If you have a family and can’t devote your entire weekend to watchihg sports, odds are the average Towson resident will skip paying for FLO and just watch the Ravens on Sunday. 

4 hours ago, TUTigers said:

I think the point being made wasn’t specifically about in person attendance. People only have so much free time to invest in sports and the majority of people in the Towson area are going to devote their attention to the Ravens. If you have a family and can’t devote your entire weekend to watchihg sports, odds are the average Towson resident will skip paying for FLO and just watch the Ravens on Sunday. 

What kind of attendance does Villanova football get as a major metro school with pro sports teams? 

34 minutes ago, AtlantaTiger said:

What kind of attendance does Villanova football get as a major metro school with pro sports teams? 

Tough to compare. The financial windfall from hoops helps them quite a bit I’d think.