• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

2022 General Football News

8 hours ago, AtlantaTiger said:

What kind of attendance does Villanova football get as a major metro school with pro sports teams? 

That’s real apples and oranges. They have about 1/4 the number of our undergrads. 

4 hours ago, TuTigers2012 said:

That’s real apples and oranges. They have about 1/4 the number of our undergrads. 

I guess that’s my point. Who the hell cares how many fans show up to the games. I would rather go 12-0 in an empty Johnny U. than go 2-10 with an average of 8,000 fans in attendance.  Villanova finds a way to be competitive most years despite a much smaller student enrollment than TU. 

3 hours ago, TheGoldCrotchPiece said:

same. even if its 2019 its such a bad look 

i saw the video earlier today as well.  I was not for sure that was our locker room, guess that it was?  

So Kennesaw State, a football program that is only 7 years in its existence, is likely to join Conference USA.  Let that sink in.  

KSU, as an overall university, is an excellent comp to Towson.  A suburban school in a major metropolitan area that has a long-standing reputation as a "commuter school"......largely overlooked by the Atlanta news & social channels......not even in the same stratosphere as UGA football and a distant second in Atlanta behind Georgia Tech football.  Obviously, pro sports teams in Atlanta also clobber KSU in terms of local cheering interest.  I don't think KSU has a full stadium for their home games.  Maybe better than Towson, but their stadium is of comparable size to Johnny U. I can't imagine their financial resources are substantially deeper than those of Towson's.

Heck, they even wear the same colors as Towson.

And yet, here they are, on the verge of a massive promotion only SEVEN years after launching the football team.  I wonder what it could be that separates the two programs???  Perhaps consistent on-field success as a result of competent coaching and strong recruiting?  Maybe ambitious and driven leadership in the athletic department and at the highest levels of university leadership?

Amazing what can happen when a mid-tier school doesn't just sleep-walk through its obligations to its student athletes.

KSU & JMU football have blown past Towson.  Other schools are/will as well until we get serious about making meaningful changes.  

Edited by AtlantaTiger
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1