• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

2022 General Football News

247sports usually keeps tabs of all transfers or most. I’ve only heard two thus far and one starter, but I’m sure there will be many more

35 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

Now I thought he was going pro. Maybe looking for NIL

I didn’t know he had any eligibility left. I think we have to reconcile the fact that most, if not all, of our productive players with eligibility left are going to enter the portal 

6 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

I didn’t know he had any eligibility left. I think we have to reconcile the fact that most, if not all, of our productive players with eligibility left are going to enter the portal 

There are a few young players I'd like to keep: LB Mason Woods, WR Isaiah Perkins, CB Sean Tucker, OG/C Joden Nelson, OT Dan Volpe, a few freshmen sitting out (CB R.J. Chapman for starters, QB/ATH Rishon Holmes). Still intrigued at QBs Zach Jackson and Scott Smith thoughI guarantee we will have at least two transfer QBs. I didn't think Gibbs was coming back anyhow and he didn't have a great season so not a loss to me. Our safety play hasn't been where it needs to be so if we completely change the secondary, it's ok with me. 

10 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

There are a few young players I'd like to keep: LB Mason Woods, WR Isaiah Perkins, CB Sean Tucker, OG/C Joden Nelson, OT Dan Volpe, a few freshmen sitting out (CB R.J. Chapman for starters, QB/ATH Rishon Holmes). Still intrigued at QBs Zach Jackson and Scott Smith thoughI guarantee we will have at least two transfer QBs. I didn't think Gibbs was coming back anyhow and he didn't have a great season so not a loss to me. Our safety play hasn't been where it needs to be so if we completely change the secondary, it's ok with me. 

The sooner we have a new coach, the sooner he can reach out to the players he’d like to keep, to lobby them to stay 

Getting closer by the way. Should be down to three so next week is a possibility. Need to get it done at least a week before signing day on Dec 21.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

Getting closer by the way. Should be down to three so next week is a possibility. Need to get it done at least a week before signing day on Dec 21.

Not saying you need to disclose any names but do you have any idea who's in consideration at this point?

5 minutes ago, AtlantaTiger said:

Not saying you need to disclose any names but do you have any idea who's in consideration at this point?

The assistants I have mentioned on this board in the coaching thread might be still in play. Not sure