• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

2022 General Football News

1 hour ago, AtlantaTiger said:

Been a while since I’ve been back to Johnny U. but couldn’t a creative architecture design group find a way to squeeze in a few extra thousand seats in both end zones if needed? Make it a complete bowl? 

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣. No chance. A new Stadium would need to be built way off campus.  Infrastructure on and around campus can’t accommodate 11k fans. Asking for more wouldn’t work. Not that we could ever dream of drawing that for football. This also doesn’t take into account the community objections 

51 minutes ago, AtlantaTiger said:

William & Mary really crapping the bed right now. 

Lol caa football since 2013. A real downhill league. There are about 4-5 good fcs programs left. Time to reduce the playoff field. 

7 hours ago, TuTigers2012 said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣. No chance. A new Stadium would need to be built way off campus.  Infrastructure on and around campus can’t accommodate 11k fans. Asking for more wouldn’t work. Not that we could ever dream of drawing that for football. This also doesn’t take into account the community objections 

Lol caa football since 2013. A real downhill league. There are about 4-5 good fcs programs left. Time to reduce the playoff field. 

Again, give it a break.  Your constant anti-football rhetoric is nauseating.  We all see the story that you have been trying to craft over the years.....”Towson should drop football”. Well,  that ain’t happening!  

You jump on this board to spin stories and factless assumptions about what’s happening inside the program.  You don’t have any idea... outside of what’s posted here and on TT.com.  You are like watching the news... 

Well, there is a plan for the expansion of the stadium . The initial scope of design was done over 10years ago. The scope includes accommodations for the auxiliary services needed to support a stadium expansion. Partners are in place for a large portion  of the initial scope/ build .  

However, I do agree with you that FCS football is/ won’t be able to sustain itself .  The programs ( yes, Towson) that are funding a the top of the scale... are being forced to leave for the FBS (  whatever iteration of FBS occurs).

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, RundaPower said:

Again, give it a break.  Your constant anti-football rhetoric is nauseating.  We all see the story that you have been trying to craft over the years.....”Towson should drop football”. Well,  that ain’t happening!  

You jump on this board to spin stories and factless assumptions about what’s happening inside the program.  You don’t have any idea... outside of what’s posted here and on TT.com.  You are like watching the news... 

Well, there is a plan for the expansion of the stadium . The initial scope of design was done over 10years ago. The scope includes accommodations for the auxiliary services needed to support a stadium expansion. Partners are in place for a large portion  of the initial scope/ build .  

However, I do agree with you that FCS football is/ won’t be able to sustain itself .  The programs ( yes, Towson) that are funding a the top of the scale... are being forced to leave for the FBS (  whatever iteration of FBS occurs).

Lol. What was said is spun?

Baltimore county is going to expand the roadways around campus?  Rogers forge is going to approve of an expansion?

Fcs has been on a downward spiral and the good teams have left.  Not saying we should or shouldn’t. But with our limitations it would be difficult 

1 hour ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Lol. What was said is spun?

Baltimore county is going to expand the roadways around campus?  Rogers forge is going to approve of an expansion?

Fcs has been on a downward spiral and the good teams have left.  Not saying we should or shouldn’t. But with our limitations it would be difficult 

I’m not an architect, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Select last night 😆. Would seem to me that stadium expansion is possible. You’ve got the open end of the stadium that could be enclosed. You’ve got the track that rings the field. Anyway, the question in my mind would be, “if you build it, who’s going to come”?

As to the FCS, it’s pretty much reduced to teams in Montana and the Dakotas. It’s going the way of the 🦖. My guess…you’re going to have the P5, followed by a lower rung of D1 programs. Maybe the remainder, assuming there is a remainder, will be lumped into what is like the old IAA. I’m assuming our A.D. sees the writing on the wall and is formulating some type of contingency plan 

26 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

I’m not an architect, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Select last night 😆. Would seem to me that stadium expansion is possible. You’ve got the open end of the stadium that could be enclosed. You’ve got the track that rings the field. Anyway, the question in my mind would be, “if you build it, who’s going to come”?

As to the FCS, it’s pretty much reduced to teams in Montana and the Dakotas. It’s going the way of the 🦖. My guess…you’re going to have the P5, followed by a lower rung of D1 programs. Maybe the remainder, assuming there is a remainder, will be lumped into what is like the old IAA. I’m assuming our A.D. sees the writing on the wall and is formulating some type of contingency plan 

Sure the actual stadium could be expanded but why. We average 4k. The roads in and out with t west and co took forever.  Traffic is a nightmare there in game days. It isn’t as easy as saying “we can add seats”

29 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

^this