• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

2022 General Football News

2 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Sure the actual stadium could be expanded but why. We average 4k. The roads in and out with t west and co took forever.  Traffic is a nightmare there in game days. It isn’t as easy as saying “we can add seats”

Have you ever been to a game at Penn State Ohio State, Texas?  How about a Boston College game? We’re talking about 20k or so at a Towson game.  Very doable in the metro.

38 minutes ago, RundaPower said:

Have you ever been to a game at Penn State Ohio State, Texas?  How about a Boston College game? We’re talking about 20k or so at a Towson game.  Very doable in the metro.

Yes to Penn state, wvu, South Carolina, Maryland and many others. Penn state is in the middle of nowhere.  Texas and Ohio state have major highways and roadways right past their stadiums. Those locals are a lot more accepting of a football team around the corner because they see a benefit in it. 

Bc is an interesting compare though. 

Do people event want to move up? Or will this be out of necessity?  Jmu and Delaware have the money facilities fan base and want to move. I don’t see that here.  

I am all for college football shitty realignment ruining rivalries and travel in football but make these football only and leave the other sports alone!

1 hour ago, AtlantaTiger said:

We need to make a splashy HC hire to draw interest to the program and to drive ticket sales.  Is there a "poor man's" Deion Sanders available? 😉

Hard pressed to think of anyone who realistically is going to put asses in the seats. 

29 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

Hard pressed to think of anyone who realistically is going to put asses in the seats. 

My vote is the DeMatha guy

Btw, just saw the score of 1 of the FCS playoff games last night…Incarnate Word 66 Sacramento State 63. At first glance I thought it was a basketball score 

3 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

Btw, just saw the score of 1 of the FCS playoff games last night…Incarnate Word 66 Sacramento State 63. At first glance I thought it was a basketball score 

Lol.
Incarnate ward and holy cross were national seeds, tells you all you need to know.. 

50 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Lol.
Incarnate ward and holy cross were national seeds, tells you all you need to know.. 

Only one CAA team made it to the quarterfinals, and that didn't work out so well -- W&M got throttled. Not a good showing for what once billed itself as "the SEC of the FCS."

29 minutes ago, TigerFan54 said:

Only one CAA team made it to the quarterfinals, and that didn't work out so well -- W&M got throttled. Not a good showing for what once billed itself as "the SEC of the FCS."

I’m afraid the Alabama of the SEC of the FBS, that being JMU, has left the building. Leaving a lot of Vanderbilt’s behind 

29 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

I’m afraid the Alabama of the SEC of the FBS, that being JMU, has left the building. Leaving a lot of Vanderbilt’s behind 

That would be North Dakota State. JMU was more like the Oklahoma