• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

2022 General Football News

1 hour ago, Blounge said:

One more month til we kickoff against Bucknell! Would be interested to hear everyone's prediction on our record this year?

Bucknell. W

Morgan W

WVU L

UNH L

Delaware L

Elon W

WM L

Monmouth W

Villanova L

Stony Brook W/L

Hampton W

6-5 (4-4 CAA) or 5-6 (3-5 CAA)

Bucknell. W on the road, hopefully lots of guys get to play and we beat them handily

Morgan W at home - hopefully a big crowd from both schools creates the biggest party in Baltimore county. Hopefully Morgan doesn’t pass interfere on every play and we are able to put up some points in front of a packed house of 10,000

things could be looking optimistic two weeks in at 2-0 

WVU L on the road (reality sets in, oh we might be better than Morgan and bucknell but can’t beat a D1 with some really big boys)

UNH W at home, I think we get revenge from last years 4 turnovers on the road. They have to come a long way to play in the brutal Maryland heat. I remember us coming back from down 20 at home to UNH in 2012 so they don’t scare me. They are soft

Delaware L on the road. Just when we thought we were looking good. The emotional rollercoaster is just getting going. Lose bad to our rival blue chickens in heartbreaking fashion

Elon W on the road. We get back to our winning ways against an Elon program that I don’t think is all that impressive

WM L at home, they beat us bad last year and come in our house and embarrass us in front of a crowd of 3,800. We struggle to score against their big strong d

Monmouth W on the road where we let the CAA new comers know that we are the toughest team in the league and you are going to be in pain after a Saturday with the York road bullies

Villanova L at home big cat blue blood Villanova  comes to town with 2000 fans to match our 2000 fans and they overpower us offensively

Stony Brook W on the road. The sea wolves can’t seem to stop the towson tigers. Luck, grit, and will pulls out the win for the black and gold

Hampton W at home again welcoming a new comer by sacking their quarterback 7 times. Towson gets the win, then waits a week only to find out they get snubbed by the playoff committee after a wild 7-4 run

I do believe we lucked out with a light travel schedule. Bucknell isn’t far away nor is West Virginia. Elon NC and stony brook NY are the fathest we have to go. No long trips to New Hampshire or Maine this year. Light travel hopefully keeps our guys well rested and healthy

Edited by Blounge

Versus Sports preseason conference rankings for the 2022 season 

1. Missouri Valley (ranked above 1 FBS conference)
2. Big Sky 
3. Asun 
4. SoCon 
5. CAA 
6. WAC 
7. Ivy League (ranked below 2 D2)
8. Southland (ranked below 2 D2)
9. Ohio valley (ranked below 2 D2)
10. Big south (ranked below 2 D2)
11. SWAC (ranked below 2 D2)
12. Pioneer (ranked below 6 D2)
13. MEAC (ranked below 7 D2)
14. Patriot (ranked below 7 D2)
15. NEC (ranked behind 8 D2 )

Jesus is a freak!!

Gibbs makes Bruce Feldman’s list of biggest freaks in college football at #37.  Since it’s behind a paywall, here’s the write-up:

A transfer from South Carolina, 6-4, 260-pound Gibbs really impressed NFL scouts with his tape against North Dakota State, making plays all over the field. He also made five tackles and two TFLs against San Diego State. Injuries limited him to four games last season, but he was productive, making 15 tackles and three TFLs. In the offseason, Gibbs vertical-jumped 37 inches, got 10 feet in the broad jump and had a terrific 10-yard split of 1.58 seconds. He also bench pressed 400 pounds.

• Like 1

400lbs on the bench press is no easy feat! That’s 4 45lbs plates on each side of the bar. If the bar ain’t bending than you just pretendin! Hope he can lay the hammer this year like Jordan dangerfield and make the jump to the NFL. 

does anyone know who holds the all time towson bench, squat, deadlift records?

39 minutes ago, Blounge said:

400lbs on the bench press is no easy feat! That’s 4 45lbs plates on each side of the bar. If the bar ain’t bending than you just pretendin! Hope he can lay the hammer this year like Jordan dangerfield and make the jump to the NFL. 

I heard Arnold Farmer put up some huge numbers in the weight room. Vito and T-West were also benching and squatting huge numbers for their size.

7 hours ago, Blounge said:

I know that there have been  a few benching over 525 and multiple 650 + lbs squatters.  Me… just below those numbers 😉

Edited by RundaPower