• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

WBB General Thread for 2022-23

44 minutes ago, tualum said:

So how much you got off this? lol

Didn’t find a line but everyone who knows Towson athletics knew they were in for a choke. “Just didn’t have the championship talent to compete at home with an extra day of rest against a 7 seed from the maac”

56 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Didn’t find a line but everyone who knows Towson athletics knew they were in for a choke. “Just didn’t have the championship talent to compete at home with an extra day of rest against a 7 seed from the maac”

Nobody said that. Monmouth was better by a mile. She still accomplished a lot despite the terrible performance. I just don't always go to the SOT or the choke job line because it's predictable and it doesn't give the other team credit. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, mat1992 said:

Good year, bad ending. Don't really care about the WNIT, but it's an accomplishment I guess.

Yeah, that was a crappy way to end the tournament. Give credit to Monmouth who caught fire, came to play in the CAA Tournament, and played some hellacious defense in the paint all day. Towson just could not figure out anything on offense. Part of it was on them, part of it was that no luck on their side, and a big part of it was Monmouth's effort and their center who altered a ton of shots.

It sucks once again that we missed out on the opportunity to possibly be a 14 seed (where we were projected) in the NCAA Tournament (better than being a 16 against UConn, which was impossible) by losing to the 7th place team in the CAA.

I normally would have that attitude about the WNIT, but with a first-year head coach, back-to-back appearances in the WNIT, and postseason tournament appearances in the 2019 NCAA Tournament, 2022 WNIT and this year there seems to be something to build off of with in the program. Very proud of this program and their year, and hopefully it can be springboard with an up and coming coach. 

18 hours ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Generally hasn't affected the volleyball team, but I get your point. The Same Old Towson stuff gets old, and as much as I get frustrated with it too I really think this was more about what Monmouth did in this tournament than Towson choking. At some point, you have to tip your cap to the other team even if they were the No. 7 seed in their first of the conference. They took it to everyone in this tournament, beating all three first-place teams. Back to drawing board Towson, but hopefully this is just the beginning for the program and Laura Harper. 

• Like 1

Yes the women had a good year and yes I hope the program has continued success, but how come it seems like people are acting like they lost by five points?  They lost by TWENTY-FIVE points at home as the number 1 seed.  No matter how well or how a team is playing in this conference no way they should lose by 25 points at home, no less to the 7th seed.  Hopefully they can go up to Haahvard and get the bad taste of yesterday out of their mouths.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Blazer49 said:

Yes the women had a good year and yes I hope the program has continued success, but how come it seems like people are acting like they lost by five points?  They lost by TWENTY-FIVE points at home as the number 1 seed.  No matter how well or how a team is playing in this conference no way they should lose by 25 points at home, no less to the 7th seed.  Hopefully they can go up to Haahvard and get the bad taste of yesterday out of their mouths.

Exactly 

28 minutes ago, Blazer49 said:

So you should just forget that they ever had a successful season because they stunk on Sunday? Of course, they deserve the criticism but if you watched the game, Monmouth couldn't f-ing miss. They played a perfect game and deserve all the kudos. My only criticism was that we didn't press earlier. Ten years ago this program was irrelevant. What Coach Richardson and Harper have done has been fantastic. I'm not going to call them chokers because I never thought they were that good to begin with, but you guys do you. Keep adding the SOT moniker for successful teams. SOT was good for when every (major) program stunk.

• Like 2