• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

WBB General Thread for 2022-23

3 hours ago, TigerNation said:

Looks like they are decent this year. They are keeping up with some good teams.

https://towsontigers.com/sports/womens-basketball/roster/patricia-anumgba/20561

She has a shoulder injury. I think when they get her back, they'll be good. Have to rely on defense and inside scoring (sound familiar?). Nice to see Skye Williams with a big game today. Kornegay-Lucas got in foul trouble and that cost them the Pitt game. Need more from Rivera scoring-wise or at least she needs to take better shots. They lack that go-to scorer right now though they have a pretty good balance. Really like the freshman India Allen and freshman Gabby Scott is getting a lot of starts, though she's been all or nothing so far.

I like the fact that we have more size and I think Coach Harper since she played center, will be able to get much more talent in the post.

6 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

DePaul beats Maryland and we beat DePaul. Nice showing in Florida 

For a new coach that lost a good bit of talent, they seem to be competing well so far. 

Watching the women's team thus far, they rebound, they've added more size and some erratic perimeter shooting. I liked the way the point guard Nelson played in that tournament. Good defender. If Kornegay-Lucas can stay out of foul trouble and the freshmen Allen and Scott can improve a the season goes on, they have a chance in a CAA w/o JMU and a down year for most of the other contenders. At least I thought they were in preseason.

What the heck happened in the Morgan State game?  No Towson team should ever get beat that bad against any Morgan team in any sport.  Hopefully bounce back tonight.

Edited by Blazer49
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Blazer49 said:

What the heck happened in the Morgan State game?  No Towson team should ever get beat that bad against any Morgan team in any sport.  Hopefully bounce back tonight.

They were a no show after a good showing in Florida. Hopefully they bounce back tonight