• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

WBB General Thread for 2022-23

I hope this team gets a solid turnout this week at SECU for the CAA Tournament. They are very deserving of a homecourt advantage to help them make a push to get to the NCAA Tournament. 

21 minutes ago, Tiger93 said:

I hope this team gets a solid turnout this week at SECU for the CAA Tournament. They are very deserving of a homecourt advantage to help them make a push to get to the NCAA Tournament. 

I'm hoping to go Saturday if they advance over Delaware (ugh)/Hampton at 12pm on Friday. They play at 2pm on Saturday in the semis if they win.

https://towsontigers.com/documents/2023/3/4/2023_CAA_Women_s_Basketball_Championship_Bracket.pdf

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

Was a little tight in the first quarter, but as someone I was talking to about the game said they did what No. 1 seeds are supposed to do in conference tournaments. Sounds like next up is William & Mary. We swept them in the regular-season. Of course, we know that guarantees nothing. Hopefully, they are playing on CBS Sports on Sunday in the final and we get a good crowd and a decent amount of people. As we have all said before, this has been a great story. 

I know there are reasons for doing this, but I really wish they would flip the dates of the CAA men's and women's tournament so the men's tournament ran Wednesday to Sunday. Frankly, they should be both go Wednesday-Sunday that but I know the men's tournament is dictated by CBS Sports other scheduled tournament games. Being a mid-major conference, Wednesday-Sunday seems to make more sense than Friday-Tuesday because the teams who have a better chance to win seeding wise can actually have an easier time making travel plans.

Didn't mean to get too far off the great job the women's team is doing, but just wanted to share my thoughts. I am also very aware that TV is king and controls everything and there are about 10-15 conversations we are not privy to that dictate this stuff.  

• Like 1