• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

Tyrrell Pigrome transfers to Towson

He played as marylands qb in 2016. If my math is correct that makes him about 25 years old and this would be his 7th year of college football, wild. Hopefully he’s a man amongst boys out there and can run around like Lamar Jackson making the defenses look silly. Hopefully practicing against him will toughen up our candy ass defense

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Blounge said:

He played as marylands qb in 2016. If my math is correct that makes him about 25 years old and this would be his 7th year of college football, wild. Hopefully he’s a man amongst boys out there and can run around like Lamar Jackson making the defenses look silly. Hopefully practicing against him will toughen up our candy ass defense

I went back and looked at his stats. You’re correct, he did see time at QB in 2016. If he was only 18 at the time, he would be 24 this fall, which might make him younger than, or at least close in age to, a few NFL QB’s. 

This will be the 6th season he’ll participate in (2016-2020; 2022. He didn’t see the field at all last year, it appears). This will be his 4th school-UM, WKU, Ole Miss (where he didn’t play); and now TU.

Something about that just doesn’t seem right, but this is the way the NCAA is structured, so if he doesn’t come here, he goes to another school, and we potentially lose out on a impact player. Still, all in all, stuff like this leaves me feeling a bit of unease 

1 hour ago, TSU88 said:

I went back and looked at his stats. You’re correct, he did see time at QB in 2016. If he was only 18 at the time, he would be 24 this fall, which might make him younger than, or at least close in age to, a few NFL QB’s. 

This will be the 6th season he’ll participate in (2016-2020; 2022. He didn’t see the field at all last year, it appears). This will be his 4th school-UM, WKU, Ole Miss (where he didn’t play); and now TU.

Something about that just doesn’t seem right, but this is the way the NCAA is structured, so if he doesn’t come here, he goes to another school, and we potentially lose out on a impact player. Still, all in all, stuff like this leaves me feeling a bit of unease 

2016-RS

2017-Fr

2018-So

2019-Jr

2020- CoVid 

2021 - Sr

2022- Super Sr

17 minutes ago, RundaPower said:

2016-RS

2017-Fr

2018-So

2019-Jr

2020- CoVid 

2021 - Sr

2022- Super Sr

Well, in 2016 he played in every game that season (per ESPN, game log stats from Pigrome’s 2016 season). I admit I don’t understand these rules, but I wonder how that didn’t burn his freshman eligibility. I do understand that COVID earned him an extra year of eligibility. Is he a graduate transfer? Regardless, I’m glad he’s here, it’s just something that I find difficult to wrap my head around that any player, not just Pigrome, can have a college playing “career” that began in 2016 and included stops at 4 schools. 

Edited by TSU88

Actually, I just remembered he suffered a season ending injury in 2017 vs U of Texas, very early that season (might have been season opener).  So that got him a redshirt season + 2020 got him a COVID extra season. 

Edited by TSU88
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TSU88 said:

Actually, I just remembered he suffered a season ending injury in 2017 vs U of Texas, very early that season (might have been season opener).  So that got him a redshirt season + 2020 got him a COVID extra season. 

Yep, that’s it.  He was injured in 2017 vs Texas.  1st game of the year.

I know the college game has changed irreversibly, but I really don't like this constant reshuffling of the deck via no-sit-out transfers. It penalizes the guys who choose to stay for 4-5 (or 4-6!) years and diminishes loyalty/enthusiasm.

8 minutes ago, TigerFan54 said:

I know the college game has changed irreversibly, but I really don't like this constant reshuffling of the deck via no-sit-out transfers. It penalizes the guys who choose to stay for 4-5 (or 4-6!) years and diminishes loyalty/enthusiasm.

I concur.  Maybe I’m in the “you kids get off my lawn” category, but it’s just not the same game, in a bad way. Unfortunately, given the “rules,” I don’t see where we have any choice but to go bring in multiple transfers. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TSU88 said:

I concur.  Maybe I’m in the “you kids get off my lawn” category, but it’s just not the same game, in a bad way. Unfortunately, given the “rules,” I don’t see where we have any choice but to go bring in multiple transfers. 

This really puts rising HS seniors in a difficult position.  There are less scholarships available for 1st year freshmen and I don’t foresee that changing.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, RundaPower said:

This really puts rising HS seniors in a difficult position.  There are less scholarships available for 1st year freshmen and I don’t foresee that changing.

Agreed. True in both basketball and football