• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

2022 Summer Camp Thread

12 hours ago, mat1992 said:

He said 51 new guys on the roster!! That’s a huge % of the team. I would have thought 20 or so, but 51. That’s an enormous task to make a cohesive team with what, 60% new players. 60% would be if there are 80 on the roster. I’m not even sure we have that many, so it could be higher than 60%

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TSU88 said:

He said 51 new guys on the roster!! That’s a huge % of the team. I would have thought 20 or so, but 51. That’s an enormous task to make a cohesive team with what, 60% new players. 60% would be if there are 80 on the roster. I’m not even sure we have that many, so it could be higher than 60%

Closer to 100 on the roster, but yes, that's a huge number of transfers. Part of that is that we lost a lot of guys who had extra COVID years who had their eligibility end in 2021. A lot of that is due to a coach trying to win in his final year of his contract. If a new coach comes around next season, I would assume there won't be quite as many since a lot of the transfers have two+ years of eligibility. Then again, many players tend to leave when a new coach comes to town. This is definitely not the norm, but depending on the transfer portal is the way of college sports right now since nobody has to sit out anymore.