• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

MBB crushes W&M by 26, 99-73 on the road

http://towsontigers.com/news/2018/1/13/mens-basketball-towson-comes-on-strong-to-defeat-william-mary.aspx

After the game, Skerry's postgame comments on radio

"Proud of the guys. They are a hard team to stop defensively .Our ball movement was good. Intensity good. Toughness. We don't need anymore hiccups. I'll be thinking about the Hofstra game on the way home. That's the way I amd wired. "Let's bottle that up (run in 1st half). We scored the ball. We have guys that can make plays on offense. t's about staying connected. Not splintering. Back a little bit in the race. A long way to go. I was really disappointed in Thursday night and in myself. I wasn't sure they had it in them. They did."

It's a good thing I'm not being paid to handicap this team, because I'd be broke.  Coming off Thursday's fiasco, going on the road against W&M (previously undefeated in conference play), I thought we were in jeopardy of getting trounced.  Phenomenal shooting today.  Morsell with a big bounce back game and my favorite whipping boy, Morman, goes 5-5 from the field.  Gotta love EK's game-7-9 from the field, 5 boards & 2 assists.  Kudo's to Starr with 13 points and ZM with 20 pts, 5 boards and 4 assists.

When we play like we did vs UNCW, the 1st half vs C of C, and tonight, I see visions of an NCAA tournament in my head.  At the risk of stating the obvious, it seems to be a matter of consistency.  Hopefully this squad shows up on thursday vs Drexel, and not its evil twin.

11 hours ago, TuTigers2012 said:

This team can beat Anyone and lose to anyone in the caa any given night.   It’s a toss up 

True....

Kind of Wizards-like but we did beat UNCW and the standings are a bit early to tell. W&M wasn't exactly beating up on Charleston. Hofstra is 4-2 by the way and they have the best guard in the conference. At least in terms of scoring. Only bad loss was Hofstra and they aren't bad. We just blew that. Beating W&M was huge to get that loss back but we can't take Drexel for granted, esp. with Kukr and Isabelll.

I don’t know what to make of Drexel. They have 6 guys who average in double digits; that’s practically unheard of. They beat C of C & Houston (who is 13-3, btw). But they lost to UNCW & Loyola MD.