• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

2022-23 General MBB Thread

13 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

No surprises.  This team is loaded.  The top 4-5 teams in the caa are also loaded.
No time for excuses. ncaa or bust

I agree on the need to cash in on this opportunity to make the NCAA Tournament, but I will believe it when I see it that this team will be so dominant that they will have three of the five All-CAA performers. I don't view the preseason coaches poll as adding sort of extra weight to our already high expectations. 

I will say after looking at our schedule 20 wins and 12 conference wins should be minimal expectations. I will be disappointed if we don't reach those benchmarks. I will be disappointed if we aren't at least a top 80 NET team, and yes I will be disappointed if we don't minimally make the conference tournament finals (and yes it will be very frustrating if we don't make the NCAA Tournament). 

I think this team has a lot of pressure on it (in a good way) and I am hoping they deliver on all of our expectations. However, living up to their potential is a season-long pursuing, not a three-game pursuit. I don't view it as NCAA or bust, but I do view it there are large expectations on the success of this squad and I am hoping the live up to it. 

• Thanks 1

I hope our fitness coaches are on top of their game. That and a little luck; because an injury, esp a key one, can potentially damage our chances for a successfull season as you'all have defined above..

But I'm optimistic for our chances. How can you not be? I'm more optimistic in '22-'23 than I was with Truax's '92-'93 squad. We've just about all the pieces in place for a stellar run, and finally get the monkey off our back. 

Just steady focus.. Keep the eyes on the prize - Black & Gold ! 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Moleman1 said:

I hope our fitness coaches are on top of their game. That and a little luck; because an injury, esp a key one, can potentially damage our chances for a successfull season as you'all have defined above..

But I'm optimistic for our chances. How can you not be? I'm more optimistic in '22-'23 than I was with Truax's '92-'93 squad. We've just about all the pieces in place for a stellar run, and finally get the monkey off our back. 

Just steady focus.. Keep the eyes on the prize - Black & Gold ! 

Wasn't the 1992-93 squad the one that dominated the whole Big South season and got knocked off by Winthrop in the quarterfinals of the conference tournament? My freshman year was 1993-94 when we dominated Big South play and lost to Liberty in the semifinals. We have a few of these years sprinkled in with many other mediorce and bad ones. Hopefully, we can exorcise those demons this year. 

I would definitely agree there is a lot of room for optimism. Let's enjoy the ride from day one, and hopefully we can get where we need to go. 

• Like 1

Very exciting.   My only frustration with this team assembled is SECU is only a decade old and not that fans show up but we only have “3” non conference home games. 
Veteran group you’d love to see have more home games.  
Albany/Coppin/Navy 😔

Saint Mary’s and their crappy gym in Moraga California home schedule goes…

Oral Roberts/Vermont/North Texas/Southern/Hofstra/New Mexico/Missouri State/Nee Mexico State/Colorado State