• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

2022-23 General MBB Thread

14 hours ago, mat1992 said:

I am glad that they are doing what they can to try and promote the opener, but Marketing has to get on the same page to 1) Not look foolish and 2) not frustrate/insult anyone who want to take advantage of a ticket deal.  I was in ticketing for over 20 years and the one thing I know is that you can have as many different ticket promotions you want but whatever you do the cost needs to be the same.  Earlier on this thread there was an offer for alumni to get $5 tickets and now they drop this "promotion" offering a ticket deal that is actually double the cost.  Sure the "Alumni" promotion is supposedly for alumni only but ANYONE can use the code to get $5 tickets.  Now what happens if a supportive alum wants to go to the game and uses "Four" promotion instead.  Whether it is $5 a ticket of 4 for $40 all promotions at the end need to cost the same.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Blazer49 said:

I am glad that they are doing what they can to try and promote the opener, but Marketing has to get on the same page to 1) Not look foolish and 2) not frustrate/insult anyone who want to take advantage of a ticket deal.  I was in ticketing for over 20 years and the one thing I know is that you can have as many different ticket promotions you want but whatever you do the cost needs to be the same.  Earlier on this thread there was an offer for alumni to get $5 tickets and now they drop this "promotion" offering a ticket deal that is actually double the cost.  Sure the "Alumni" promotion is supposedly for alumni only but ANYONE can use the code to get $5 tickets.  Now what happens if a supportive alum wants to go to the game and uses "Four" promotion instead.  Whether it is $5 a ticket of 4 for $40 all promotions at the end need to cost the same.

Agree. They have a lot going on and it seems that the other hand doesn’t know what the other is doing.  I do have to applaud the effort thought. 5 bucks. 7, free who cares? as long as we get butts in the seats. 
However there are still LOTS of lower level tickets still available (more than half)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Blazer49 said:

I think the 4 for $40 allows for center seats. The $5 are side seats. 

CBS Sports stopped doing this feature this year, but SI.com is still keeping going the 1-363 preseasons rankings. I have always liked it because it at least forces the person doing it think for one second about each school as they put them order. Surely, less thought goes into the mid-major schools than the bigger ones, but I still enjoy it. Anyways, Towson is No. 96. It takes another 27 spots to get to the next CAA team. However, Hofstra, Delaware and Charleston are all clumped pretty close together. Nothing really earth-shattering just figured I would share. 

https://www.si.com/college/2022/11/02/ranking-every-team-in-college-basketball-unc-gonzaga

1 hour ago, Blounge said:

Footage of Rob trying to find a QB out of high school 

Reminds me of when I was a student and a deer jumped off the Glen Bridge and killed himself.