• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

2022-23 General MBB Thread

19 hours ago, mat1992 said:

Sounds familiar 

As I am a big time Philadelphia guy I used to give Villanova a lot of $hit for ruining the traditional Big 5 back in the late 80's early 90's by backing out of the traditional round robin.  The way the scheduling climate is now I do have to give them props for coming back and remaining in the regular round robin Big 5.  Although they may be coming back to the Big 5 pack now that Wright is gone and even though they just lost to Temple they are still heads and shoulders by far the best team in the city, but it does provide not necessarily Temple because I think they can schedule whoever they want, but Penn, La Salle and St. Joe's an opportunity to have a name school on their schedule every year.  

It's idiotic that URI or Providence wants nothing to do with Bryant.  I know there was past history between the schools but how doesn't Maryland and Georgetown not play every year?  GW should be on both of those two schools schedules as well.  

• Like 1

Maybe we are really good and struggle at times because we are playing a tough schedule on the road. And winning these games will make us better later in the year to prepare us for conference/tournament play. 

10 minutes ago, griggey20 said:

Maybe we are really good and struggle at times because we are playing a tough schedule on the road. And winning these games will make us better later in the year to prepare us for conference/tournament play. 

We can be really good. It was there in the past and we have shown very brief signs of it. 
The schedule is solid and should allow us to work on things. Road games are tough but we are playing likewise opponents.  Last year we seemed to blow a lot out and coast a bit. This year every game has been a struggle and close. Which hopefully helps in the long run because the other top 4-5 teams in the caa are also pretty damn good. 
The defense has played well and will need to continue.