• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

2022-23 General MBB Thread

1 hour ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Where the hell are the alum, families, locals, etc?!  75% of seats that can be sold are still available. The community as a whole needs to do a better job supporting the programs. 

I'd say Thursday night is considered the weekend in college, Mon/Tues/wed are the tougher draws. But agreed the people of towson and the university have such a strange dynamic. I remember homeowners yelling at me and my college friends for being too loud on the weekends. Sir, you bought a house 1000 feet from a university that had been here 100 years before you moved in and yet you’re shocked and disgusted there are college kids running around near the college? Never made sense to me

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Blounge said:

I'd say Thursday night is considered the weekend in college, Mon/Tues/wed are the tougher draws. But agreed the people of towson and the university have such a strange dynamic. I remember homeowners yelling at me and my college friends for being too loud on the weekends. Sir, you bought a house 1000 feet from a university that had been here 100 years before you moved in and yet you’re shocked and disgusted there are college kids running around near the college? Never made sense to me

So if Thursday is considered a weekend, we really shouldn’t expect anyone then? Right? Because they will be home, visiting friendly elsewhere or drinking themselves silly? (Devils advocate)

besides Uncw and sort of Charleston and wm (only thing for the nerds to do), students don’t go to games elsewhere.  Hofstra student section is empty. Ne has 50-75 kids standing in the risers next to the band.  The DAC pack isn’t what it was.  Delaware is mostly alum and regular folk. 

1 hour ago, TuTigers2012 said:

So if Thursday is considered a weekend, we really shouldn’t expect anyone then? Right? Because they will be home, visiting friendly elsewhere or drinking themselves silly? (Devils advocate)

besides Uncw and sort of Charleston and wm (only thing for the nerds to do), students don’t go to games elsewhere.  Hofstra student section is empty. Ne has 50-75 kids standing in the risers next to the band.  The DAC pack isn’t what it was.  Delaware is mostly alum and regular folk. 

With the closing of batemans it makes it a tougher draw to get from happy hour to SECU but on a Thursday I can see students drinking a beer in the dorms and walking over to the game or even go to the game then proceed to go uptown to the bars. The college kids leave for the bars around midnight so 7PM starts on a Thursday isn’t really conflicting with when they’re at CVPs

3 hours ago, Blounge said:

With the closing of batemans it makes it a tougher draw to get from happy hour to SECU but on a Thursday I can see students drinking a beer in the dorms and walking over to the game or even go to the game then proceed to go uptown to the bars. The college kids leave for the bars around midnight so 7PM starts on a Thursday isn’t really conflicting with when they’re at CVPs

Agreed on Batemans. While the food wasn’t great it was convenient along the way to games. There’s literally nothing around anymore. Arena has had beer for at least half a decade

agreed Batemans was easy. everyone knew it. could pull up alone and know there would be Towson supporters there (who cared) lol

^And don’t even get me started on chicken wing inflation! $10 on a Monday used to get you all you can eat wings at Batemans. Now it’s basically impossible to find 10 wings for $10. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Blounge said:

^And don’t even get me started on chicken wing inflation! $10 on a Monday used to get you all you can eat wings at Batemans. Now it’s basically impossible to find 10 wings for $10. 

I remember Thursday nights.  Casa Mia’s dollar plate wings and 50 cent pizza slices.  So darn good.  
Still can’t get good wings out here and pizza not very good.  
25 Buffalo wings out here that are very small and not the same taste I remember costs literally $22.    

12 hours ago, sr16 said:

agreed Batemans was easy. everyone knew it. could pull up alone and know there would be Towson supporters there (who cared) lol

They did have a great party for the semifinals during our run.  It was filled with tiger fans and a few other patrons who left when it got rowdy