• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

2022-23 General MBB Thread

9 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

No, few games overall. There will be 3 conference games with students on campus 

This is what Towson and UMBC has to deal with most of the time due to the minimester. If the school wants more non-conf. home games in the future, they are going to have to buy them (which is not a priority right now). So you shoot for the minimester students and athletes along with regular fans. We don't get many regular students anyhow. We get maybe 500 behind the basket if there is a giveaway? Was also hoping they would move the students from behind the basket, which I think could help (and I hinted at).

11 hours ago, mat1992 said:

This is what Towson and UMBC has to deal with most of the time due to the minimester. If the school wants more non-conf. home games in the future, they are going to have to buy them (which is not a priority right now). So you shoot for the minimester students and athletes along with regular fans. We don't get many regular students anyhow. We get maybe 500 behind the basket if there is a giveaway? Was also hoping they would move the students from behind the basket, which I think could help (and I hinted at).

Yeah. Our schedule (minus Fairfield switch) is good and challenging. Not gonna get too many at home l.

Student athletes did show up last year for a lot of the games. I know the hoops team goes out to other teams games as well so it seems that they al have good relationships. 

moving the students from the basket is interesting. They used to be on the visitor side with the band when the arena opened. (Which is where they should be) but they complained about the bleachers (should be standing!). The student entrance is over there too so now they walk outside down that way and then enter and walk all the way back to the other side 

10 hours ago, Blounge said:

Gotta love how Rothstein is a Towson fan

Dumb annoying cliche quotes aside, he does cover and pump up mid major basketball much more than most of the talking heads. Working cbs sports obviously helps that, but hopefully he’s an even bigger of the tigers in the middle of March 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

https://towsontigers.com/news/2022/10/12/mens-basketball-towson-mens-basketball-to-appear-on-cbs-sports-network-in-2022-23.aspx 3 games on cbs sports net. 2 home 1 Away. Maybe the last game of the season also gets picked up

So, in conjunction with the 7 games that will be on NBC Sports Washington, that’s 10 games on tv this season so far

• Like 1