• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

2022-23 General MBB Thread

35 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Yeah. But the rest of the conference.. yikes!

With the portal era in full bloom, these preseason rankings are really nothing more than clickbait. Didn’t the pundits consider us as near cellar dwellers before last season? For all we know, there could be 1 or more teams in the conference who went fishing in the portal ocean and will be better than the “experts” predict 

13 hours ago, TSU88 said:

With the portal era in full bloom, these preseason rankings are really nothing more than clickbait. Didn’t the pundits consider us as near cellar dwellers before last season? For all we know, there could be 1 or more teams in the conference who went fishing in the portal ocean and will be better than the “experts” predict 

Yes they are preseason and will change but 3 teams in the top half of ncaa isn’t great. 
It does look like there was some good scheduling this year by the league so hopefully we can show well in ooc.  Some of our new folks are trying to fund their athletic programs with 4-6 buy games. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Yeah. But the rest of the conference.. yikes!

KenPom is great tool about midway through the season when there is real data used, but his preseason rankings, while fun, are as useless as everyone else's polls. I would expect Charleston, Delaware and Hofstra to be slightly higher than those numbers, and I am sure there are one or two that will surprise and be better. I think this league has some solid programs in it, but as we have discussed before while Monmouth and Stony Brook have had some pretty good years in the past they don't appear to be in a great place to make it any better this year (although I still think one of them will do better than expectations). Also, I know it is not the only tool the NCAA uses, but I believe the NET rankings (while probably not as good a tool as KenPom) are more important than KenPom. 

• Like 1