• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
DHM

ESPN+

Yes it was a terrible W vs Bucknell BUT we won.  How can all of their games be on ESPN+ but we can’t get one or two games on that channel.  We haven’t had the best record in the last five years but it is way better than theirs and they are being televised weekly on ESPN+  Does anybody know how that process works?

First off, welcome to the board. We have a contract with Flo Sports for one more year. To me, the broadcast on Saturday was very similar to Flo. Amateur production and camera work from a homespun broadcast. The difference is they have a monthly pay structure where you can cancel after a month. The problem with going on ESPN+ is that they won’t put you on ESPN, ESPN 2 or ESPNU for basketball. With Flo, the money the conference makes, they put right into confidence games on CBS Sports 

14 minutes ago, DHM said:

Yes it was a terrible W vs Bucknell BUT we won.  How can all of their games be on ESPN+ but we can’t get one or two games on that channel.  We haven’t had the best record in the last five years but it is way better than theirs and they are being televised weekly on ESPN+  Does anybody know how that process works?

Conferences have a large say in these things. When the Va 3(4 now) were in the caa we signed a solid deal with the now defunct nbcsn. That pissed espn off leading to very few and now even more rare games on their platforms.  Unless we are in a tournament or on the road, we will not be on Espn platforms.

I didn’t mind games on Comcast and masn much easier to watch other games in all sports around the league. Jmu Charleston Ne and maybe Drexel have their games on some local affiliates, abc, Comcast, NESN but are paid by the schools I think. Still foot promotion of the schools. You don’t know how many times I’d get texts from friends and family “hey we started watching the Towson basketball game thr other day, just happened to be flipping through the channels”. Can't do that with flo sports. You either know about the games and care to watch or don’t have access to the casual/random fan

And before people jump on me, yes I know Saturdays game is on PBS(in Maryland) lmfao. Probably better if people don’t watch the people trying to coach and play football up on auburn drive 😂 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Conferences have a large say in these things. When the Va 3(4 now) were in the caa we signed a solid deal with the now defunct nbcsn. That pissed espn off leading to very few and now even more rare games on their platforms.  Unless we are in a tournament or on the road, we will not be on Espn platforms.

I didn’t mind games on Comcast and masn much easier to watch other games in all sports around the league. Jmu Charleston Ne and maybe Drexel have their games on some local affiliates, abc, Comcast, NESN but are paid by the schools I think. Still foot promotion of the schools. You don’t know how many times I’d get texts from friends and family “hey we started watching the Towson basketball game thr other day, just happened to be flipping through the channels”. Can't do that with flo sports. You either know about the games and care to watch or don’t have access to the casual/random fan

And before people jump on me, yes I know Saturdays game is on PBS(in Maryland) lmfao. Probably better if people don’t watch the people trying to coach and play football up on auburn drive 😂 

Why do all of your posts contain childish comments?  “Lmfao, 🤣, hee hee,lol  “ “Probably better if people don’t watch the people trying to coach and play football up on Auburn drive.”  
What grudge do you have against the 18-23 year old young men on the team?  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RundaPower said:

Why do all of your posts contain childish comments?  “Lmfao, 🤣, hee hee,lol  “ “Probably better if people don’t watch the people trying to coach and play football up on Auburn drive.”  
What grudge do you have against the 18-23 year old young men on the team?  

No grudge against them. I’d assume they are trying their best. my statement is that we shouldn’t be paying to get these games on tv, like other programs who actually are successful and want to win. 
Laughing and cracking jokes of what has become a joke of a program isn’t childish. It’s a way to cope with how we’ve been passed by almost every caa program and still have the same staff that has a grand total of 0 playoff wins and just 1 paltry appearance in the last 8 years. Fan and student support is lower than it has been since my freshman year (08) where we fired a coach who also could not get the job done. 
Thanks for your concern. 

36 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

No grudge against them. I’d assume they are trying their best. my statement is that we shouldn’t be paying to get these games on tv, like other programs who actually are successful and want to win. 
Laughing and cracking jokes of what has become a joke of a program isn’t childish. It’s a way to cope with how we’ve been passed by almost every caa program and still have the same staff that has a grand total of 0 playoff wins and just 1 paltry appearance in the last 8 years. Fan and student support is lower than it has been since my freshman year (08) where we fired a coach who also could not get the job done. 
Thanks for your concern. 

Your post have repeatedly attacked these young men and the opportunity the our football program presents to them. Why do you want to take away opportunities for young men to get an education and play the game they love?  What is your agenda?

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Thanks for your concern. 

Yes, I’m very concerned about the way you have attacked these young men and their program.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, RundaPower said:

Your post have repeatedly attacked these young men and the opportunity the our football program presents to them. Why do you want to take away opportunities for young men to get an education and play the game they live?  What is your agenda?

Never named names of players in these “attacks.”   They are on scholarship and here to win football games. Saying that they aren’t good isn’t attacking, it’s stating a fact.  If you want them to get an education there are other ways than playing football. There are plenty of other average players rob can recruit to replace them. 

my agenda is, an alum and fan who is unhappy with the way this program has preformed since 2013. A team making the championship, in a conference that has gotten weaker over the years, shouldn’t be struggling to win games especially against the likes of bucknell, Morgan, st Francis, central Connecticut etc. The coach has been there long enough and should have been fired a few seasons ago. The same problems continue to plague this program.

1 minute ago, RundaPower said:

Yes, I’m very concerned about the way you have attacked these young men and their program.

I want to laugh at this but don’t want to be criticized for being childish…. Sorry that you are offended.  
Serious question, are you happy with the direction of this program?  Are you a player current or former or family member? 

Seems to me that you, TuTigers2012, want to kill the football program and not have one. I see your agenda. I hope all the others do too.