• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
DHM

ESPN+

17 hours ago, Blounge said:

I think he just wants a new coach not a complete shut down of the program 

No, they've repeatedly called for us to cut football. They're also under the impression that if you don't constantly trash RA and the team, you're thrilled with the way things are going. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, etiger said:

See, Here is his agenda. Shut down football becase he thinks FCS sucks....

Tutigers2012 said:

fcs football is awful and regressing each year. All levels of football are. Quality of play is going down.
Fcs football for a team that draws 3500-4000 isn’t feasible. it’s expensive. Students don’t care or want it. Most Alums feel the same.  It sucks but no one in the caa draws well for students. It’s alum and the locals, which we don’t have any support from.  This is for hoops too so it’s not a football thing it’s a Towson thing.

Truth hurts and if that’s my “agenda” than so be it. FCS football has been bad for years. That’s a fact.  Most of the programs that cared moved on.  
We don’t draw. That’s a fact. Football is an expensive endeavor and most lose money. Just because others are doing it, doesn’t necessary make it right. Questioning the long term validity is a legitimate inquiry. Especially when there are some that want to expand the stadium and move up. That is absurd.  

I thought we would grow as a program years ago when Rob was hired. The energy and buzz was there. The end of his second year you could start seeing the progression in those last few games. A great player landed at Towson and our climb culminated making the championship game. Since then it’s been all downhill quickly. That is unacceptable. 

Next will come the excuses and reasoning why we are at a disadvantage “money, facilities, etc”.  Sure. Let’s go all in and fund this program to the max or not. Middling around isn’t the answer. Maine, URI, Albany, stony Brook shouldn’t have more success than us but they do. 3 of the 4 have won playoff games more recently than Towson has.  What’s the issue??

2 hours ago, RundaPower said:

First of all, I am not part of the Towson football program and not an “MA”.

However,  I do see how you operate.  You pick out specific instances to support your argument and drive it down everyone’s throat.  I see that s*#t on TV every night.  
Yes, FCS football is very different than it was 10-15 years ago. Quite frankly, I don’t like it. However, you make statements that are half truths… to support your arguments.  The reality is that all FCs programs lose money.  JMU was, us and will continue to lose money.  Delaware just built a $60 million dollar academic/sport performance facility and they lose money with a $40 MM athletic budget.  Bowling Green loses money. Buffalo loses money. ODU Is in desperation mode.  Temple is losing money, Rutgers is outspending their B10 payout,  etc. Unless you are P5, you a most likely losing money.  You don’t include those facts in your posts because that doesn’t support your argument.

Fraud. Because your agenda has been to post half truths to create a negative vibe on this board with regard to our football program. I’m not happy with our recent performances. I’m  sure RA is not happy either, but you have to remember that>>>> We’ve played for a National Championship…. Rob took us there…….

You want a George Mason, VCU etc athletic dept.  I don’t ! I want a football program.  I want Saturday tailgating and a chance to bring the Towson community together.  You ain’t getting that with Basketball ( I support TU basketball and enjoy  college basketball).

Towson Football has had a long and successful history.  There have been many young men that have changed their lives because of the opportunity to play football a Towson.  I will continue to support those young men now and in the future.  You don’t!

See my post above

Nothing is half truths, sorry.

when have I mentioned that we are the only team losing money?  Never   Almost all do.  Again questioning the sustainability of this is a legit question.

Rob was the coach when we went to the championship, 9 years ago. 9!  While he deserves credit for that (and has with reckless contract extensions) it doesn’t hurt to have a future nfl running back that you could hand the ball to.  Making the championship shouldn’t give you a lifetime contract right?

0 playoff wins since  what half truth is in that statement?

I want Towson athletics to be the best they can be.  With Football or without. Yes I would much rather us to be a basketball school because in the long run, making it to the dance gives much more exposure than the fcs playoffs.  Can we be good at both while also funding a lacrosse program?  That will continue to be difficult.

Getting back on topic. Flo sucks because it’s expensive and hard to cancel. Couple that along with the same low level school production and announcers that used to be free, you are looking at a bad situation. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Truth hurts and if that’s my “agenda” than so be it. FCS football has been bad for years. That’s a fact.  Most of the programs that cared moved on.  
We don’t draw. That’s a fact. Football is an expensive endeavor and most lose money. Just because others are doing it, doesn’t necessary make it right. Questioning the long term validity is a legitimate inquiry. Especially when there are some that want to expand the stadium and move up. That is absurd.  

I thought we would grow as a program years ago when Rob was hired. The energy and buzz was there. The end of his second year you could start seeing the progression in those last few games. A great player landed at Towson and our climb culminated making the championship game. Since then it’s been all downhill quickly. That is unacceptable. 

Next will come the excuses and reasoning why we are at a disadvantage “money, facilities, etc”.  Sure. Let’s go all in and fund this program to the max or not. Middling around isn’t the answer. Maine, URI, Albany, stony Brook shouldn’t have more success than us but they do. 3 of the 4 have won playoff games more recently than Towson has.  What’s the issue??

See my post above

when have I mentioned that we are the only team losing money?  Never   Almost all do.  Again questioning the sustainability of this is a legit question.

Rob was the coach when we went to the championship, 9 years ago. 9!  While he deserves credit for that (and has with reckless contract extensions) it doesn’t hurt to have a future nfl running back that you could hand the ball to.  Making the championship shouldn’t give you a lifetime contract right?

I want Towson athletics to be the best they can be.  With Football or without. Yes I would much rather us to be a basketball school because in the long run, making it to the dance gives much more exposure than the fcs playoffs.  Can we be good at both while also funding a lacrosse program?  That will continue to be difficult.

Damn I thought they were reaching at first but maybe they were right. I get where you are coming from but ultimately its important to keep in mind why they play the game. Its for an education. Dont get it twisted. We aren't JMU or Udel. If it was about the money we woulda been cut already when they did soccer and baseball. 

5 minutes ago, sr16 said:

Damn I thought they were reaching at first but maybe they were right. I get where you are coming from but ultimately its important to keep in mind why they play the game. Its for an education. Dont get it twisted. We aren't JMU or Udel. If it was about the money we woulda been cut already when they did soccer and baseball. 

Sigh, If we aren’t trying to be the best (not claiming that’s the case) then what’s the point?

Yes college is about getting an education. That should be the most important thing but in athletics, especially football that isn’t everyone priority. 

2 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Sigh, If we aren’t trying to be the best (not claiming that’s the case) then what’s the point?

Yes college is about getting an education. That should be the most important thing but in athletics, especially football that isn’t everyone priority. 

We can just end this whole thing on this note (I think I know the answer, but maybe for some others) - you are the AD. Do you cancel the program and focus on other sports, or do you keep the football program going? IMO, its okay to consider both options but the clear choice in my eyes is keep the program going. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sr16 said:

We can just end this whole thing on this note (I think I know the answer, but maybe for some others) - you are the AD. Do you cancel the program and focus on other sports, or do you keep the football program going? IMO, its okay to consider both options but the clear choice in my eyes is keep the program going. 

What is the future plan for the program?  Without knowing what is going to happen to G5 teams/FCS, it is tough question. if you could almost guarantee a successful baseball, soccer and dominant Hoops programs, it would be interesting. You can’t and there’s no guarantees in anything. 

Obviously with an AD from South Carolina that is not going to happen. But continuing down this path is insane. 

Wonder where we would’ve been if the CAA would have moved up to FBS status back in 2014? ODU would sure as heck be in a better situation. 

Maybe CAA adds Coastal, Liberty, etc and we are where the Sun Belt is now?

3 hours ago, TuTigers2012 said:

See my post above

Because you tell us it’s a fact, doesn’t make it a fact. 🤣 , lol, lmao etc.

*SD, I’m still here.

BTW,  when is the last time URI made the playoffs?  When is the last time SB, URI, Maine and Albany played for a National Championship? So how are these programs better? 

Fraud… 😂 🤣😆lol lmao…

*SD I’m still here

Edited by RundaPower