• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
DHM

ESPN+

45 minutes ago, RundaPower said:

Because you tell us it’s a fact, doesn’t make it a fact. 🤣 , lol, lmao etc.

*SD, I’m still here.

Teams that have left fcs last decade:

JMU, Sam Houston state, Jacksonville state, Liberty, Coastal Carolina, Ga state, app state. All of those were good to great programs who played for or won championships. Fact

Caa in thr playoffs last 5-7 years outside of one Maine run, has been all JMU. Haven’t had multiple teams make the semi finals in a long time. That used to be the norm now doesn’t happen. Fact 

0 playoff wins in 8 years. Fact 

attendance since frisco:

2014: 7,287

2015: 6,594  Jmu and Delaware home games 

2016: 5,702

2017: 5,376  Delaware home game

2018: 6,904  Jmu home game  (excluded that shit storm of a playoff game which helps the #s)

2019: 6,352 

2020: no season

2021: 5,561 NDSU home game (under 4500 without)  

Without inflated attendance numbers ~5,500  that’s less than half the capacity.  And a downward trend. Fact 

Based off of 5,500 In attendance. Assuming they all paid (they didn’t) $40 (again they didn’t) that’s 220k. Not close enough to pay coaching salaries yet alone scholarships, equipment travel etc. (yes there are other factors that go into it where funding comes from). But football is in the red. Fact

So please tell me which of those isn’t a fact. I will look forward to your response instead of the name calling. 

40 minutes ago, RundaPower said:

BTW,  when is the last time URI made the playoffs?  When is the last time SB, URI, Maine and Albany played for a National Championship? So how are these programs better? 

Fraud… 😂 🤣😆lol lmao…

*SD I’m still here

It’s been a long time. Longer than us. 
I didn’t mention them making the championship, Melissa, I was comparing playoff appearances which are rare in tiger town. Over the past 5 years or so they have had more success and playoff success than us.
Ps those are lower level public school programs that are beginning to lap us. 

those programs would have been successful too with the west victor combination. What they did that 3 year stretch was amazing. Everything clicked and they were good. It’s more amazing looking back at that, especially to where they are at now. 

49 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Teams that have left fcs last decade:

JMU, Sam Houston state, Jacksonville state, Liberty, Coastal Carolina, Ga state, app state. All of those were good to great programs who played for or won championships. Fact

Caa in thr playoffs last 5-7 years outside of one Maine run, has been all JMU. Haven’t had multiple teams make the semi finals in a long time. That used to be the norm now doesn’t happen. Fact 

0 playoff wins in 8 years. Fact 

attendance since frisco:

2014: 7,287

2015: 6,594  Jmu and Delaware home games 

2016: 5,702

2017: 5,376  Delaware home game

2018: 6,904  Jmu home game  (excluded that shit storm of a playoff game which helps the #s)

2019: 6,352 

2020: no season

2021: 5,561 NDSU home game (under 4500 without)  

Without inflated attendance numbers ~5,500  that’s less than half the capacity.  And a downward trend. Fact 

Based off of 5,500 In attendance. Assuming they all paid (they didn’t) $40 (again they didn’t) that’s 220k. Not close enough to pay coaching salaries yet alone scholarships, equipment travel etc. (yes there are other factors that go into it where funding comes from). But football is in the red. Fact

So please tell me which of those isn’t a fact. I will look forward to your response instead of the name calling. 

It’s been a long time. Longer than us. 
I didn’t mention them making the championship, Melissa, I was comparing playoff appearances which are rare in tiger town. Over the past 5 years or so they have had more success and playoff success than us.
Ps those are lower level public school programs that are beginning to lap us. 

those programs would have been successful too with the west victor combination. What they did that 3 year stretch was amazing. Everything clicked and they were good. It’s more amazing looking back at that, especially to where they are at now. 

Lol. GaState was “good to great”?  Did they win a game in the CAA? Lmao

how many playoff appearances does URI have in the last 5 years?  

we’ve let you run your mouth for a long time. Lmao 🤣 😆😂🤪

Edited by RundaPower
Good

RA coached a team that made it to the national championship. That is a fact. But nothing of note since. I want Towson football but not with Ambrose anymore. And if this team plays like it did game one, that wish will come true by the end of the season. Program needs fresh life in it when it comes to coaching. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, RundaPower said:

Lol. GaState was “good to great”?  Did they win a game in the CAA? Lmao

how many playoff appearances does URI have in the last 5 years?  

we’ve let you run your mouth for a long time. Lmao 🤣 😆😂🤪

No responses to my facts?  Oh, because they are truth and you can’t rebut them so you deflect and change the subject 

Georgia southern. My mistake. Georgia state did also move up but was a quick 3-4 year stint fcs for them. They were awful, even we didn’t lose to them in their one year in the caa. (We didn’t play). 

they have 0. But won 7 games last year. And appear on the up and up unlike us

3 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

So about that ESPN+? BTW, there are other threads to talk about the coach and the program.

They don’t provide broadcasters correct? So we’d be stuck with all the amateur caa homers including our own?  
Any film crews or is it just the interns? 
Espn reaches a lot more households and is a way better app to use (runda that’s my opinion not a fact)

2 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

They don’t provide broadcasters correct? So we’d be stuck with all the amateur caa homers including our own?  
Any film crews or is it just the interns? 
Espn reaches a lot more households and is a way better app to use (runda that’s my opinion not a fact)

Correct about the broadcasters. Basically the same as Flo aside from pay structure. Guessing we’d make a lot more money with Flo

3 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

Correct about the broadcasters. Basically the same as Flo aside from pay structure. Guessing we’d make a lot more money with Flo

Wasn’t it like 250k per school per year?  While not chump change, I would think the lack of exposure outweighs the money. 
4 more mouths to feed and no one able to get another unit in March the last 8 + years, the money is scarce 

5 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Wasn’t it like 250k per school per year?  While not chump change, I would think the lack of exposure outweighs the money. 
4 more mouths to feed and no one able to get another unit in March the last 8 + years, the money is scarce 

Not quite that much though I guess it depends on what the deal is and divide it by the number of schools that were in the league when it was consummated. The fact that they can use that money to go on CBS Sports for 16-20 basketball games and can’t do that with ESPN makes it a tougher decision. I’m sure each school can also pursue other local and regional opportunities 

1 hour ago, mat1992 said:

So about that ESPN+? BTW, there are other threads to talk about the coach and the program.

The production quality was bad as always and the PxP guy was a total homer (the color guy was much better) but hey it was free for me since I have the Disney, Hulu Espn bundle and was able to pull it up on my TV through Hulu with no issues. Being able to do that and not some hack job streaming service DC United cut mid-season years ago made me feel like I was a real college football fan for maybe the first time since 2013 when with our playoff games on ESPN2 or U and going to Frisco felt like what I imagine a bowl game feels like.

It was only a few hours for one game but a man can dream...

• Like 1