• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
DHM

ESPN+

1 hour ago, Blounge said:

I think he just wants a new coach not a complete shut down of the program 

Really,  he’s been continually hammering the players, staff and FCs football.  A school with 26k students needs to have football.  Football brings opportunities to young men. As a state school, we are here to educate the masses.  2012 wants Towson to take away opportunities for boys.

Edited by RundaPower

2 hours ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Never named names of players in these “attacks.”   They are on scholarship and here to win football games. Saying that they aren’t good isn’t attacking, it’s stating a fact.  If you want them to get an education there are other ways than playing football. There are plenty of other average players rob can recruit to replace them. 

my agenda is, an alum and fan who is unhappy with the way this program has preformed since 2013. A team making the championship, in a conference that has gotten weaker over the years, shouldn’t be struggling to win games especially against the likes of bucknell, Morgan, st Francis, central Connecticut etc. The coach has been there long enough and should have been fired a few seasons ago. The same problems continue to plague this program.

I want to laugh at this but don’t want to be criticized for being childish…. Sorry that you are offended.  
Serious question, are you happy with the direction of this program?  Are you a player current or former or family member? 

Why do you care who I am?  Who are you? I may not know you, but I know what you are.  Fraud. Oh, I almost forgot 😩

So back to the topic about ESPN+, yes it is a conference decision and they may end up renewing with Flo if they can’t find a better deal. But there’s no reason why we can’t do what JMU and Delaware have done and that’s buy time in MPT, NBC Sports Washington or other streaming venues.

18 minutes ago, RundaPower said:

Why do you care who I am?  Who are you? I may not know you, but I know what you are.  Fraud. Oh, I almost forgot 😩

Hey guys, I’m not in the State Department, but I’d like to see if I can get you all to bury the hatchet (not in each other’s shoulder blades 😆) and move on. I think it’s safe to say we’re all frustrated with what we saw Saturday night (and going back well before Saturday night, for that matter). It’s a message board, and from time-to-time we’re going to take exception to what someone posts, to varying degrees. At the end of the day, I say take it with a grain of salt. Life’s too short to get too stressed out about this, especially with some of the other stuff going on in the world. Ok, I’m done playing peacemaker 

Edited by TSU88
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, TSU88 said:

Hey guys, I’m not in the State Department, but I’d like to see if I can get you all to bury the hatchet (not in each other’s shoulder blades 😆) and move on. I think it’s safe to say we’re all frustrated with what we saw Saturday night (and going back well before Saturday night, for that matter). It’s a message board, and from time-to-time we’re going to take exception to what someone posts, to varying degrees. At the end of the day, I say take it of with a grain of salt. Life’s too short to get too stressed out about this, especially with some of the other stuff going on in the world. Ok, I’m done playing peacemaker 

It’s an emotional topic for some who are very close to the program. The critiques are understandable in terms of play on the field and coaching. But to say things about not having football, forget FCS, don’t expand the stadium, don’t waste money on MPT because the team sucked last year and last week, it gets to people even if they don’t know how to use the ignore function. 

Even Ed and Runda understand that the clock is ticking and that this team has to better this week.

4 hours ago, etiger said:

Seems to me that you, TuTigers2012, want to kill the football program and not have one. I see your agenda. I hope all the others do too.

Eh. Came to Towson because they had football unlike some other schools I was looking at. A program keeping a coach who is under 500 for well over a decade is laughable, really, we are the laughingstock of the CAA.  

You love Rob and in your eyes he can do no wrong. I see your agenda. 

4 hours ago, Blounge said:

I think he just wants a new coach not a complete shut down of the program 

Yup. There is validity to the long term feasibility of fielding an fcs team. 

2 hours ago, RundaPower said:

Really,  he’s been continually hammering the players, staff and FCs football.  A school with 26k students needs to have football.  Football brings opportunities to young men. As a state school, we are here to educate the masses.  2012 wants Towson to take away opportunities for boys.

fcs football is awful and regressing each year. All levels of football are. Quality of play is going down.
Fcs football for a team that draws 3500-4000 isn’t feasible. it’s expensive. Students don’t care or want it. Most Alums feel the same.  It sucks but no one in the caa draws well for students. It’s alum and the locals, which we don’t have any support from.  This is for hoops too so it’s not a football thing it’s a Towson thing.

you all should see message boards of successful programs and schools. It’s not all sunshine and rainbows. There needs to be more accountability at Towson all around. If there was we wouldn’t have been stuck with a bad coach for so long 

2 hours ago, RundaPower said:

Sigh, Good one. “Childish”. Obviously are a player or someone on the staff. Wouldn’t be surprised if you were even MA.

See, Here is his agenda. Shut down football becase he thinks FCS sucks....

Tutigers2012 said:

fcs football is awful and regressing each year. All levels of football are. Quality of play is going down.
Fcs football for a team that draws 3500-4000 isn’t feasible. it’s expensive. Students don’t care or want it. Most Alums feel the same.  It sucks but no one in the caa draws well for students. It’s alum and the locals, which we don’t have any support from.  This is for hoops too so it’s not a football thing it’s a Towson thing.

Do I think we need to be better than last week vs Bucknell - Heck yes I do...Not happy with how we played...But, I am not for shutiing down the program

11 hours ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Eh. Came to Towson because they had football unlike some other schools I was looking at. A program keeping a coach who is under 500 for well over a decade is laughable, really, we are the laughingstock of the CAA.  

You love Rob and in your eyes he can do no wrong. I see your agenda. 

Yup. There is validity to the long term feasibility of fielding an fcs team. 

you all should see message boards of successful programs and schools. It’s not all sunshine and rainbows. There needs to be more accountability at Towson all around. If there was we wouldn’t have been stuck with a bad coach for so long 

Sigh, Good one. “Childish”. Obviously are a player or someone on the staff. Wouldn’t be surprised if you were even MA.

First of all, I am not part of the Towson football program and not an “MA”.

However,  I do see how you operate.  You pick out specific instances to support your argument and drive it down everyone’s throat.  I see that s*#t on TV every night.  
Yes, FCS football is very different than it was 10-15 years ago. Quite frankly, I don’t like it. However, you make statements that are half truths… to support your arguments.  The reality is that all FCs programs lose money.  JMU was, us and will continue to lose money.  Delaware just built a $60 million dollar academic/sport performance facility and they lose money with a $40 MM athletic budget.  Bowling Green loses money. Buffalo loses money. ODU Is in desperation mode.  Temple is losing money, Rutgers is outspending their B10 payout,  etc. Unless you are P5, you a most likely losing money.  You don’t include those facts in your posts because that doesn’t support your argument.

Fraud. Because your agenda has been to post half truths to create a negative vibe on this board with regard to our football program. I’m not happy with our recent performances. I’m  sure RA is not happy either, but you have to remember that>>>> We’ve played for a National Championship…. Rob took us there…….

You want a George Mason, VCU etc athletic dept.  I don’t ! I want a football program.  I want Saturday tailgating and a chance to bring the Towson community together.  You ain’t getting that with Basketball ( I support TU basketball and enjoy  college basketball).

Towson Football has had a long and successful history.  There have been many young men that have changed their lives because of the opportunity to play football a Towson.  I will continue to support those young men now and in the future.  You don’t!

• Like 2