• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

Future shaping up for 2023-24

Towson MBB is expected to add two recruits in the fall who committed recently in 6-7 Tyler Tejada from Teaneck, N.J. and 6-6 Mekhi Lowery from Illinois. Of course, without the transfer portal, this is going to be a monstrous rebuilding job with Cam Holden, Nygal Russell and Sekou Sylla definitely gone due to their eligibility running out. Then you have Nicolas Timberlake probably not returning for his 6th season. Jason Gibson, Chase Paar, and Charles Thompson are seniors who can graduate and move on but do have one year of eligibility left. These young guys seem like very good recruits but you can't rely on freshmen unless you want to completely rebuild. So do they continue to add another freshman in the early signing period or will they go shopping in the portal for a two-guard, a center, and probably a wing. If everyone who is expected to graduate with eligibility leaves, we're left with very little experience. I do like the versatility of guys like Tejada, Christian May and Lowery. In Tejada and May, you have athletes who can shoot and handle the ball and play at least two positions. In Lowery, you might have a future Cam Holden, but that's asking a lot in Year 1. They will need Conway and some experienced transfers to take over the team in 2023-24.

PG R. Hicks, D. Williamson

SG R. Conway

SF C. May (can play 3 or 4), M. Lowery

PF Tyler Coleman, T. Tejada

C Biekeu, Cole Paar

I honestly don’t really care how he does it. I just want the high level talent to keep coming in. 

I know a bunch of people disagree but I feel like this staff helps guys get better.