• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

Football Edges Morgan State 29-21

That is not a good Morgan team.  I didn't see the same game.  We could easily not win another game.  Two sad a#$ opponents and Morgan could have tied that thing in the end.  157 yards passing is not winning in the CAA.  Who are we going to beat that is a good team coming up?  I understand the drop in the beginning of the game?  What about the absence of any other big plays?  Piggy did what he does best and he pretty much won that game but the CAA is better than Morgan. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, omniland said:

That is not a good Morgan team.  I didn't see the same game.  We could easily not win another game.  Two sad a#$ opponents and Morgan could have tied that thing in the end.  157 yards passing is not winning in the CAA.  Who are we going to beat that is a good team coming up?  I understand the drop in the beginning of the game?  What about the absence of any other big plays?  Piggy did what he does best and he pretty much won that game but the CAA is better than Morgan. 

I wouldn’t be stunned if we didn’t win another game the rest of the year, but I’ll predict we beat Stony Brook (or is it Albany) & Hampton, to get to 4-7. Even if I’m right, that would mean we’re about to embark on a 7-game losing streak, beginning this Saturday in Morgantown. 

Certainly, being gashed on the ground by Morgan is a bad sign. Not to mention our lack of pass rush. The combination of those two spells big trouble. And few, if any, explosive plays on offense (would have had one, but for Street’s drop on the 1st drive) is also a bad sign. It means we’re going to have to go on 10+ play drives to score. With our propensity for penalties, coupled with what appears to be poor pass protection from our O-line, that’s not going to work.

Look, let’s be honest-4-7 or 2-9-what’s the difference? Either way hopefully spells the end of the RA era, which, in my opinion, is addition by subtraction 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

I wouldn’t be stunned if we didn’t win another game the rest of the year, but I’ll predict we beat Stony Brook (or is it Albany) & Hampton, to get to 4-7. Even if I’m right, that would mean we’re about to embark on a 7-game losing streak, beginning this Saturday in Morgantown. 

Certainly, being gashed on the ground by Morgan is a bad sign. Not to mention our lack of pass rush. The combination of those two spells big trouble. And few, if any, explosive plays on offense (would have had one, but for Street’s drop on the 1st drive) is also a bad sign. It means we’re going to have to go on 10+ play drives to score. With our propensity for penalties, coupled with what appears to be poor pass protection from our O-line, that’s not going to work.

Look, let’s be honest-4-7 or 2-9-what’s the difference? Either way hopefully spells the end of the RA era, which, in my opinion, is addition by subtraction 

First two games should tell you all that it needs to.  Change is needed

1 hour ago, omniland said:

I know you hate Piggy but this isn’t 2010. Take away the drops and he has over 250 yards passing. We desperately need a running qb behind that line.

Also, who was optimistic after that game? Just thought the offense played well in the second half. I have no expectations for this team but if I’m going to watch every game I want to see some excitement.

25 minutes ago, Tgr4life said:

it does.....UNDEFEATED!

Yes, we are undefeated. And rumor has it Mrs. Lincoln loved the play 

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

I know you hate Piggy but this isn’t 2010. Take away the drops and he has over 250 yards passing. We desperately need a running qb behind that line.

Also, who was optimistic after that game? Just thought the offense played well in the second half. I have no expectations for this team but if I’m going to watch every game I want to see some excitement.

It's true.  If we don't have Piggy we are 0-2 right now, potentially staring down a winless season.  I think he's a solid QB

Look, I'm not saying that Piggy is as good as TF. But he gives us the best chance to win. Looking back at least year's game, we put up 412 yards and allowed just 142 in a 31-0 win. I do think Morgan is better at the QB position, but we might be worse right now as a team, especially on the offensive line. Tackling was atrocious in this game and last season, despite missing the entire 2020 season and 2021 spring, we gave up 142 yards. So is last year's defense better? Too early to tell but neither has gotten enough pressure on the passer.

When you look at the running backs, we don't have a Jerry Howard (without Bangda) though he didn't do a lot. It was Chris Ferguson throwing for 242 yards and two TDs. Street and Caleb Smith had big games.

A few thoughts:

RA has been flagged at least three times in his years here for poor sideline conduct. Having watch football since the 1960s, I've NEVER seen another coach -- even Gordy, who could get pretty riled up at the officials -- get flagged. This is not just an embarrassment, it's shameful.

Why is No. 0 in the backfield at all? He's tiny, provides no protection for the QB, and averaged 3.1 yards per carry. Reynolds averaged 6 yards. The math is obvious, or should be.

Piggy's passing skills are modest, at best, but his mobility gives him playmaking ability. If he gets hurt at West Virginia, we might not win another game.

If he stays healthy, my expectation is we win two more games, three max. (I hope I'm wrong, that Bangda finally gets on the field and proves to be a stud, that we start gelling in general. But it's hard to ignore what I've seen, and how hollow the head coach's past overstatements have proven to be.)

• Like 1