• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

We're on to UNH....Tigers fall to West Virginia 65-7

https://towsontigers.com/news/2022/9/17/towson-football-falls-at-fbs-west-virginia.aspx

What a pathetic performance on both sides other than D'Ago Hunter's 96-yard kick-off return. Most of this was to be expected after West Virginia was shocked by Kansas at home last week. The offense's inability to move the ball in the first half was a bit concerning, but it was wise to sit Tyrrell Pigrome and most of the skill players in the second half. Good news was that Jo Bangda finally got to see action. The bad news was that he got two late carries when it was garbage time.

So it's on to New Hampshire next week and that becomes a must-win game with Delaware coming up on the road in the following week. The bottom line is that it's time to bring it. If you are only going to blitz 2-3 times per game. Then let's just go 2-6 in the CAA. If you want to win games on offense, they RPO has to be a focal point with Matthews and Bangda in the backfield. That will open up the passing game. Obviously Piggy wasn't very good today, but he's not a drop-back QB on every down and the O-line is not good enough to throw the ball 45 times.

Defensively, if you are going to rush three men on third and 12. Close up shop. I know we can't get consistent pressure with four. Disappointed in the Edge rushers and once again, I think it was Gibbs who allowed the first rusher of the game to get past him because he wasn't setting the Edge. Getting Colorado transfer Palmer on the field (big No. 94) will help with his 6-4, 325 frame. I assume he'll play alongisde Vinnie. It's no time to screw around. Get your best players on the field. Also had a few guys out with "illness" and I assume all will be back next week (DBs). 

It's all or nothing now. Have to beat UNH next week.

• Like 1

Well, since I’m a glass 🥃 half full guy, let’s start with the highlights:

(1) the kickoff return;

(2) Um, well, hold on, wait, gimme a second, see, it’s like this …

🦗 chirping 

8 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

Well, since I’m a glass 🥃 half full guy, let’s start with the highlights:

(1) the kickoff return;

(2) Um, well, hold on, wait, gimme a second, see, it’s like this …

🦗 chirping 

It's positive because if we somehow won that game Rob would get a 10 year extension

3 minutes ago, Blounge said:

It's positive because if we somehow won that game Rob would get a 10 year extension

Sad that one of my thoughts while watching this debacle today was “well, at least this should hasten RA’s departure.”

Here are a couple of tidbits, unrelated to today’s game, but somewhat TU related:

(1) Southern Illinois U (where Tim Leonard is now the AD) beat Northwestern today;

(2) Jeff Miller, former TU QB has passed for 740 yards, 8 TD’s to 1 INT, in 3 games this season with D2 Glenville (WVA) State. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1