• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
TuTigers2012

New Coach Thread

Just now, AtlantaTiger said:

He’s been touched by the hand of Nick Saban, he’s good. Lane Kiffin and others have resurrected their head coaching careers after Saban rehabilitates them. Flood will be a HC again. Mark my words. 

Won't be at FCS or at Towson. Also, he's not Lane Kiffin. 

13 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

Brooks was quite successful as the HC at DeMatha. Could that give him a leg up on recruiting in the DMV?

Beatty was a HS coach in Virginia for 8 years, before moving up the coaching ladder. Sounds like he might also have inroads on recruiting in the DMV.

On paper, they both sound like interesting candidates 

11 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

I happen to think Towson’s football program is at a pivotal point and needs an experienced HC with a program-building and/or championship winning background.  I don’t love the idea of rolling the dice on young coordinators or position coaches. I get that these guys could probably relate very well to young recruits but we need someone who can come in and bring instant credibility as a HC. The future of our program is at stake. 

3 minutes ago, AtlantaTiger said:

I happen to think Towson’s football program is at a pivotal point and needs an experienced HC with a program-building and/or championship winning background.  I don’t love the idea of rolling the dice on young coordinators or position coaches. I get that these guys could probably relate very well to young recruits but we need someone who can come in and bring instant credibility as a HC. The future of our program is at stake. 

Fair point. What I don’t want is some retread with HC experience, who’s on his way down the coaching ladder, and is looking for a lifeline. I seem to recall we had a basketball coach like that, before Skerry 

38 minutes ago, AtlantaTiger said:

Yeah Nick saban to Towson…

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Yeah Nick saban to Towson…

Well, I guess there are coordinators out there who used to be HC’s, but that would beg the question in my mind why aren’t they a head coach now? The only way we’re getting someone who’s currently a HC would be to hire someone away from a smaller FCS program, I would think 

I want to include everyone in this. I don't care if the guy doesn't have experience. Brooks intrigues me about getting DeMatha guys and finally beating Delaware for them. Former W&M running back. But I think he can also get former DeMatha guys and DMV players in the portal. That's the key to this whole thing. Getting the transfers to help right away. You're not going to get an Elijah Brooks as your top assistant. He's not taking an OC job for a lot less than he's making as a RB coach.

But we have to get guys that have connections to transfers all over the country. And some connection to this area and the DMV. 

https://www.chargers.com/team/coaches-roster/chris-beatty

Beatty is 49 and while I'd like a younger coach, he's another guy who was never given a shot as a HC. He has much more experience than Brooks and was an OC. Virginia, Maryland, Illinois, Chargers, West Virginia, Vanderbilt, etc. Not saying he's the guy but I love the fact that we're getting so much interest from pretty big names in the coaching community.