• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
TuTigers2012

New Coach Thread

GOH-  Go On Home Rob!  

After this latest debacle (unh hasn’t scored this much since 2017, gainers…? Towson),  the rob Ambrose era, save for another pandemic or the last couple teams forfeiting, is FINALLY over. This bum has obviously given up and it’s well beyond time to make a change. 

While he made a trip to the championship game with an world running back, that fell into his lap, he did absolutely nothing to build on that short lived success. Questionable transfers, lack and unwillingness to adjust, and keeping baby brother around a few seasons too long plagued the program the past half decade plus. While the CAA dipped as a conference so has Towson football from the “glory days” with number 28. 

The question now is, where does the new AD go from here and who does he hire?!  Put forth your best candidates here. A successful D2 coach,  fcs coordinator, an alum, even the SAFE person out in the parking lot to bust your tailgate party.  There are no wrong answers (besides the few who want to keep Rob) and hiring Jared. 

1 minute ago, AtlantaTiger said:

Maybe Ambrose can somehow get himself into the Nick Saban School of Coaching Rehabilitation. 

We’d be better off if he got himself into the coaches relocation program 

At some point, I'm going to try and dig up some names that might be well-suited for this program. Might be an ugly year-or-two, though with the portal, you can at least be competititve. 

47 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

At some point, I'm going to try and dig up some names that might be well-suited for this program. Might be an ugly year-or-two, though with the portal, you can at least be competititve. 

And the first two years of the Ambrose era weren’t. Northeastern and Hofstra who cut their programs punked us…

Could  it worse than the last 5 of the Ambrose years?  I would think not.  Change is needed NOW. Fire Rob!!!

1 minute ago, TuTigers2012 said:

And the first two years of the Ambrose era weren’t. Northeastern and Hofstra who cut their programs punked us…

Could  it worse than the last 5 of the Ambrose years?  I would think not.  Change is needed NOW. Fire Rob!!!

Yeah they sucked. I’m just saying there won’t be instant gratification.

2 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

Yeah they sucked. I’m just saying there won’t be instant gratification.

I think all of us on here will have a few years of taking our lumps for a potential future rather than the last few years if shitiness 

1 minute ago, TuTigers2012 said:

I think all of us on here will have a few years of taking our lumps for a potential future rather than the last few years if shitiness 

Classy. But sure, I would say 99% of the people out there want a change. 

I'm sure we could collectively come up with a pretty extensive list of coaching names that we'd like to see at Towson, in the event the Ambrose era comes to an end......eventually.

Some of those names will be wishful thinking as I don't know that our recent history or our budget will allow for a well-established/accomplished veteran coach to come in and save the day.

I found two names that could be interesting.  One, a very young guy with ties to some successful programs and the other, a proven veteran coach at the DII level.

The first is Rick Bowie, OC at DII powerhouse Valdosta State.  Young guy with experience on Dana Holgerson's staffs at WVU & Houston and maybe more importantly, connections with Baltimore prep school football (St. Frances & Gilman).  Obviously, he's still very young and maybe not quite enough experience but sometimes you need to roll the dice and take a chance.  

Rick Bowie - Offensive Coordinator / Quarterbacks - Football Coaches - Valdosta State University Athletics (vstateblazers.com)

My second candidate and perhaps a longshot is Slippery Rock HC Shawn Lutz.  Dude has a .774 winning percentage as a HC in seven years.  He knows the MD/DC, PA, NJ recruiting area very well.  I would like to think Towson could find the $$ to make it enticing for him to leave Slippery Rock.

Shawn Lutz - Football Coach - Slippery Rock University Athletics (rockathletics.com)

I'm sure I'll come across some other names in the weeks ahead that could be worth considering.

Go Tigers!

• Like 2