• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
TuTigers2012

New Coach Thread

3 hours ago, mat1992 said:

He was known for being a fantastic recruiter while at Maryland. Has local ties. I would personally prefer an offensive minded HC though. 

• Like 1

If we’re now accepting of the idea that FBS/P5 coordinators are a legitimate option, I would like to submit Kyle Flood as a candidate. He’s currently OC at Texas which just feels like a short-lived stint and an odd fit to begin with. UT isn’t setting the world on fire (no fault of his honestly) and they change coaches there at the drop of a hat. He’s an east coast/northeast guy with good coaching chops having been at Rutgers and an official “graduate” of the Nick Saban School of Coaching Reformation. At 51 he’s hardly over the hill and I don’t see him being a hot candidate for many P5 head coaching gigs. Maybe he gets a shot at a mid-major FBS program in the MAC, C-USA or American but why not give the guy a call and let him tell you “no”. 

On 11/24/2022 at 10:45 AM, AtlantaTiger said:

If we’re now accepting of the idea that FBS/P5 coordinators are a legitimate option, I would like to submit Kyle Flood as a candidate. He’s currently OC at Texas which just feels like a short-lived stint and an odd fit to begin with. UT isn’t setting the world on fire (no fault of his honestly) and they change coaches there at the drop of a hat. He’s an east coast/northeast guy with good coaching chops having been at Rutgers and an official “graduate” of the Nick Saban School of Coaching Reformation. At 51 he’s hardly over the hill and I don’t see him being a hot candidate for many P5 head coaching gigs. Maybe he gets a shot at a mid-major FBS program in the MAC, C-USA or American but why not give the guy a call and let him tell you “no”. 

My guess is he makes nearly double what the IU DC makes. He makes around 1.1 to 1.2 million so my guess is no unless he doesn't care about $$$. Texas pays a lot more to their coordinators than Indiana. Though Indiana's defense was pretty bad this season. He might have one year left there.

18 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

My guess is he makes nearly double what the IU DC makes. He makes around 1.1 to 1.2 million so my guess is no unless he doesn't care about $$$. Texas pays a lot more to their coordinators than Indiana. Though Indiana's defense was pretty bad this season. He might have one year left there.

I make this suggestion based on a hunch that he’s not going to be with UT much longer. I don’t think Flood is the OC that UT is banking on to take them back to national championship relevance. I think his days are numbered at Texas but he’d be a great get for a program like Towson. 

3 minutes ago, AtlantaTiger said:

I make this suggestion based on a hunch that he’s not going to be with UT much longer. I don’t think Flood is the OC that UT is banking on to take them back to national championship relevance. I think his days are numbered at Texas but he’d be a great get for a program like Towson. 

Sure, I like the Delaware connection. He won an FCS title there in 2003. I just don't want a name, but somebody has a connection in the CAA or the area. Doubt he'll be looking at an FCS program again, but you never know. I'm sure we've had countless of people asking about this job that most of us would never consider. Maybe P5, Group of 5, FCS head coaches, NFL lower level assistants.

24 minutes ago, AtlantaTiger said:

He’s P5 , period! Ain’t no way that he has to drop down to FCS.

Forgot about Flood's issues at Rutgers of alleged misconduct and a program rum amok in 2015. So no. He'll likely never be a head coach again.

2 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

Forgot about Flood's issues at Rutgers of alleged misconduct and a program rum amok in 2015. So no. He'll likely never be a head coach again.

He’s been touched by the hand of Nick Saban, he’s good. Lane Kiffin and others have resurrected their head coaching careers after Saban rehabilitates them. Flood will be a HC again. Mark my words.