• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
TSU88

102-21

3 hours ago, Tiger93 said:

I agree with this mostly and won't fully argue. However, I will have to say that to provide full context you have to acknowledge there were some accomplishments during that time including:

- Going 4-2 in that stretch against Delaware (not a great Delaware group, but a rival is a rival)
- In 2015 playing fairly close with East Carolina and beating #22 Villanova, and finishing 5-1 at home
- In 2018, beating #10 Villanova, #13 Stony Brook,  #5 Elon and making the playoffs (although losing to Duquesne was embarrassing)
- In 2019, played a decent first half against Florida and had a playoff berth in our sights before choking against Elon (that is a positive that ultimately turned into a negative)

To be fair, we were 25-31 in conference play in that span, not great. The only point in this exercise is to agree that Rob did not do great in this span, but that there were some positives. I do agree most of the time the negative results have outweighed the positives in that span. However, in my mind (and this is all opinion and preference) we did not reach a point where I thought a change was fully needed until 2019 when we couldn't get into the playoffs despite the amazing efforts of Flacco. I think there are definitely arguments that we didn't have the right AD in place to make that hire (which is another issue altogether), and that COVID circumstances didn't make it the best time to search for a coach. 

I am not here to make excuses, I just think we need to acknowledge facts on all ends of things. I do agree that this program has decayed rapidly the last three years. 

I’m not sure what else some of you want..  the rob needs to go crowd has acknowledged there were some good successes along the way. It’s not like everything was bad. But the negatives over the past 3-4 years outweighs the positives.  The results speak for themselves. 
The program reached its highest point in 2013 and has dropped and Plateaued  at best, since. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

I’m not sure what else some of you want..  the rob needs to go crowd has acknowledged there were some good successes along the way. It’s not like everything was bad. But the negatives over the past 3-4 years outweighs the positives.  The results speak for themselves. 
The program reached its highest point in 2013 and has dropped and Plateaued  at best, since. 

Why does everything have to be separated amongst Towson fans? The old guys against the semi-new guys who are getting older? The old Football guys against the Millenium football guys? The Phil guys against the Rob guys or the Phil/Gordy guys against the Rob guys? Who are the Towson fans that want Rob to get an extension? There aren't any active people on this board who have defended him since last week or after the WVa game or after the Morgan game. I'm glad the board is active and we can define his career, but there's really nothing else to talk about other than who can get the job done? 

Also, while I wouldn't mind seeing an alum get hired,  it's not a necessity. These things never end up working out at the end. Somebody is going to get fired or forced to resign. They'll be mad at the school and the President or the AD. Get put in the HOF and then will still be bitter.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, mat1992 said:

Why does everything have to be separated amongst Towson fans? The old guys against the semi-new guys who are getting older? The old Football guys against the Millenium football guys? The Phil guys against the Rob guys or the Phil/Gordy guys against the Rob guys? Who are the Towson fans that want Rob to get an extension? There aren't any active people on this board who have defended him since last week or after the WVa game or after the Morgan game. I'm glad the board is active and we can define his career, but there's really nothing else to talk about other than who can get the job done? 

Also, while I wouldn't mind seeing an alum get hired,  it's not a necessity. These things never end up working out at the end. Somebody is going to get fired or forced to resign. They'll be mad at the school and the President or the AD. Get put in the HOF and then will still be bitter.

Because for a while there was a group that was pro rob no matter what and another that was anti rob no matter what.  I think we all are on the same page now and agree change is needed (and probably needed to be made a while ago)

Completely disagree, need to go outside. If an alum has such a big ego and has an issue not seeing that they aren’t getting the job done and remain biter for years, that’s on them. After some point they should want what’s best for the program and school. 
Also, if we go with an outside hire, than maybe those “big donor football alum” will actually put their money where their mouths are if the coach isn’t getting the job done and needs to go. Rather than living in football purgatory like Towson has for the past few years. 

On 9/24/2022 at 8:22 PM, TSU88 said:

The combined score of our last two games. I don’t see how even the most ardent Ambrose supporter could defend this dreck 

126-31. Fire rob!!

11 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

126-31. Fire rob!!

14 of those 31 points were scored on a KO return & a pick 6. So, our juggernaut offense has scored 17 points in the last 3 games 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

14 of those 31 points were scored on a KO return & a pick 6. So, our juggernaut offense has scored 17 points in the last 3 games 

And our two wins are against 0-4 bucknell and 1-2 Morgan who did beat some non d1 team today  lol

Pigrome should have never started.  Start Smith the rest of the way.  What college football team at any level passes for 62 yards with their starting QB that does not run the triple option?  He is not a starting QB and never has been.  This is just silly.  I don’t want to hear he can run.  BS.  I see nothing.  Just a stupid decision.  I’m not saying we will win with Smith but at least he can throw down field and spin the ball.  Get him some experience.  What a complete disaster of a passing offense.  The defense did fairly well and probably would have done even better had we had even an average passing game that could convert something.  I watched a few FCS games today and it seems everyone I watched can complete a 10+ yard pass here and there except us.  I just don’t get how we can field this type of passing game.   

• Like 3