• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
TSU88

102-21

3 hours ago, Blounge said:

“Off the field incidents” being going to the bars uptown? Give me a break, play your star players. He did the same thing with T West keeping the best player on the sidelines to “teach him a lesson about humility” SIR you get paid $400k+ a year to put the best guy on the field! This ain’t your dad’s high school team!

Not what you think.There are rules and if you break them, there are consequences. 

RA needs to go but I also have a lack of confidence in the administration and athletic department to make a good choice for a replacement.  Football has to be important to the President and she needs to get into the issue or really nothing is going to change.  You can get lucky because someone named West is sitting at the locked front gate pleading to try out.  But that is about it.  What would be RA's legacy if West never happened?   

1 hour ago, omniland said:

RA needs to go but I also have a lack of confidence in the administration and athletic department to make a good choice for a replacement.  Football has to be important to the President and she needs to get into the issue or really nothing is going to change.  You can get lucky because someone named West is sitting at the locked front gate pleading to try out.  But that is about it.  What would be RA's legacy if West never happened?   

This is not the President’s choice. It’s the AD that she hired. Now there might be more people (alums) that want her out more than RA due to some of her latest actions.

11 minutes ago, omniland said:

his tenure wouldn’t be as long as it is without mr west 

President Caret drove the bus with athletics when he was at TU.  The AD position at TU will most likely not be a long term option in the foreseeable future.  The decision is the President’s, meaning that if she says no and the AD says yes the answer is no.  Now whether she values football will mean does she get involved, does she  really get into the issues so she gets good advice and doesn’t listen to legacy folks that just hang around and don’t have a good idea of how to compete at the FCS level.  Without West RA gets fired a while ago and is viewed as a failed decision.  A failed decision means that it was a wrong decision.  West was just flat out lucky.  People at the University, at the time of hiring RA, helped make that bad decision and therefore I’m just explaining how I don’t necessarily have confidence that they have the talented advice givers, to make a good decision.

This is a really bad team, especially on offense. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, omniland said:

Your question is totally irrelevant. What would Indiana State's legacy be if they did not have Larry Bird transfer from Bobby Knight's squad? You play the players you have and they determine your legacy. The what if is a silly question. Some coaches get good breaks with players that appear at their door. It happens. Sometimes you have kids you think are studs and they fail miserably. It happens. You have every right to discuss the product on the field and the coach that leads them, but the What If Player A was not here is ridiculous. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Tgr4life said:

Your question is totally irrelevant. What would Indiana State's legacy be if they did not have Larry Bird transfer from Bobby Knight's squad? You play the players you have and they determine your legacy. The what if is a silly question. Some coaches get good breaks with players that appear at their door. It happens. Sometimes you have kids you think are studs and they fail miserably. It happens. You have every right to discuss the product on the field and the coach that leads them, but the What If Player A was not here is ridiculous. 

3 playoff appearances, National runner up and 2CAA championships…..If you watched any of those games during the West era… you would have seen a physical team that was built to run the football.

On 9/24/2022 at 8:28 PM, TuTigers2012 said:

Furthest thing from an Ambrose supporter. But fbs games should be taken with a grain of salt.  The fcs games we have played were just as, If not lot discouraging.  Zero adjustments, vanilla offense. Zero athleticism (compared to bucknell, Morgan and UNH 😳😳) adjustments and passion is embarrassing.  We’ve come a long way from “the unveiling”… haha

hoops season is soon upon us 88. That and rob being gone in, almost 7 games, should give us all hope! 

Oh, I’m still here.  *SD

39 minutes ago, RundaPower said:

Oh, I’m still here.  *SD

Great that you’re still here!  I’m still here waiting for the unveiling HAHAHA.

yes we made it to the championship and had a generational player, but he’s had a decade to build off of that success and we haven’t. We are in no better shape now than then, which is the issue most of us here have. 

40 minutes ago, RundaPower said:

3 playoff appearances, National runner up and 2CAA championships…..If you watched any of those games during the West era… you would have seen a physical team that was built to run the football.

OK....not sure what point you are making. and btw, I watched all of those games. Some times recruits work out...sometimes they don't....sometimes transfers work out sometimes they don't.....the world of recruiting

• Like 1